stillers vs begals

i predict blow out in the second half!

hahahahaha u said blow :moon:

well its the second half and the steelers look like shit but i got faith they will pull this one out!

by who?

ehh… damn turnovers killed us, and then there defense definitely worried me

i was there and i have no voice now

steelers secondary and defensive line looked like shit. 3-1 rocks though, 1-1 in the division. the stupid fucking Redskins lost to the Browns though, even though the Browns looked like shit. . Cant wait to see what happens with the Ravens Monday night!

The secondary is fine other than Chad Scott.

:eek3:

Welcome back!

We didn’t blitz as much this time, I think we sat back more in a defensive zone and forced them to run on us. I gotta give rudy johnson some props though he’s a tough ass running back.

WTF is up with duece dropping the ball on the ground twice… The game would of been a blowout had we not shot our own foot off several times in the game.

• bad penalties
  • dropped interceptions
  • turnovers

Also at the end, he should of just laid down instead of risking to get the TD, the game was already won, why risk fumbling… It shows good effort which the steelers have this year, but bad decisions.

the defense was based on keeping the ball out of charles johnsons hands. during the press confrence they said they wanted to eliminate the pass and dared them to run which they did. i dont think the steelers secondary is that bad at all. as a matter of fact i think the steelers as a whole are a better team together than they have been in a long time. i just have a problem with duce shouldering the main load running and then putting bettis in to score TDs!

too bad he can’t hold onto the ball… i’d rather see bettis run the ball 2 yards than staley run the ball 15 and fumble.

agreed but bettis fumbled that TOSS play too! luckily he made up for it and recovered it!

Why,

Later in the year when Bettis is still fresh and strong battering them into the endzone and he’s not taking those hits you’ll see why they are doing what they are. I think the fans are making more of an issue than what they are, it’s their role, they play their role and together are a better team for it.

Bettis is bigger, and has a better nose for short yardage situation.
Duece is faster, and has a better nose for breaking runs and has the speed the Bettis no longer has.

i see what your saying about bettis being fresher later in the year and totally agree but duce is not a little running back. he has the size, strength and ability to score in short yardage situations. individual roles create tendencies.

one positive i do see is that after a few more games when bettis is in the game, play action should work very well and if a team thinks play action can be a threat then the run will still be good!

Duce is not a bruiser back, yes he has strength but very few backs can take the beatings constantly these days. Splitting some of the duty makes it much easier on you in the long run.

BTW: The Patriots have a team of role players, that know their role and play and don’t bitch… They have won 18 in a row…

i really really dont like the patriots…lol :):):slight_smile: just an opinion but i do have to give credit where its due :dunno: