Stock Market guys

I have a friend who has been trying to get into the stock market game and he was using e-trade but they cant seem to process any of his transactions quickly at all any other site you guys can direct me/him too that work a little better?

Scottrade FTW…

$7 flat trade rate and amazingly easy user interface.

I have been using it since I was 16 and still do today and they just offer a great, direct platform made for simplicity and depth if thats what you need.

They also have some instant trade guaranteed within a scond of delivery or something.

thank you sir

ameritrade FTW, 1000 free trades at sign up > *

Smart Money Magazine (August edition) ranks top 7 discount brokers as such:

1. tradeking.com
  2. scottrade.com
  3. firstrade.com
  4. optionsxpress.com
  5. siebertnet.com
  6. wallstreete.com
  7. sogoinvest.com

If you want premium brokers they rank:

1. etrade.com
  2. fidelity.com
  3. schwab.com
  4. bankofamerica.com
  5. tdameritrade.com
  6. wellstrade.com
  7. vanguard.com

If you want full service brokers they rank:

1. edwardjones.com
  2. merrilllynch.com
  3. ubs.com
  4. agedwards.com
  5. wachoviasec.com
  6. smithbarney.com
  7. morganstanley.com

Don’t get in the market if you don’t have time to do research, and if you are impatient.

another thing how do you guys feel about penny stocks simple big risk big reward or do you see it differently all input is appreciated

If the penny stock is the only or maybe 1 of 2 riskier stocks then go for it… you should have at least 4 or 5 stocks in a portfolio though

[quote=“nappy1380,post:7,topic:35646"”]

If the penny stock is the only or maybe 1 of 2 riskier stocks then go for it… you should have at least 4 or 5 stocks in a portfolio though

[/quote]

penny stocks are a joke. if you want to waste money invest in it

Thats not true at all, I know people who have made big and lost big in penny stocks

Penny stocks are great if you’re trying to get rich quick and don’t mind losing all your money.

If you are trying to invest wisely to grow your money over time then yes they are a joke.

They’re not investing so much as gambling.

^ its always nice to have some money on the side for a long shot.

You should def. read some technical analysis books,

www.elitetrader.com is a good forum

Interactive Broker >>>>>>> *trading platforms

But you probably wont get approved to join

:lol: @ taking financial advice from people on here :mamoru:

[quote=“walter,post:12,topic:35646"”]

:lol: @ taking financial advice from people on here :mamoru:

[/quote]

You are totally right. The belief that a member on this board knows something about absolutely anything is totally ridiculous. In fact this board is full of so many imbeciles that I’m surprised a coherent sentence is ever even typed. It’s such a wild idea that someone here may have some experience in a discipline other than OT or automotive, that if anyone even attempts to provide a somewhat logical or rational reply to any erroneous question I may just kill them out of disbelief- because it would inevitably be a sign of the forthcoming apocalypse.

[quote=“sureshot!,post:13,topic:35646"”]

You are totally right. The belief that a member on this board knows something about absolutely anything is totally ridiculous. In fact this board is full of so many imbeciles that I’m surprised a coherent sentence is ever even typed. It’s such a wild idea that someone here may have some experience in a discipline other than OT or automotive, that if anyone even attempts to provide a somewhat logical or rational reply to any erroneous question I may just kill them out of disbelief- because it would inevitably be a sign of the forthcoming apocalypse.

[/quote]

STFU noob

[quote=“Locutus,post:14,topic:35646"”]

STFU noob

[/quote]

:violin::picsorstfu::rx3::fyi::loopie::rubicant: :snky: :tantrum::headbang::bloated::nono::2fingers: :massmoon: :smash2::sword::cockblock:banghead::banghead: :spank: :picard::noob: :spunk: :hang::crap::wtf::walter::spam:

PANCAKES

Scottstrade. Not only do they process quicly, they have a local office on Main St in Amherst so you can talk to a live person IN PERSON if anything goes wrong or you have questions.