Stock WRX Boost ?

I am wondering if my son’s WRX is not boosting as much as it should. When I go full throttle…the turbo gauge only goes to .1 (just a smidge before hitting it). I am not sure what .1 equates to in pounds of boost…

The car only managed 85mph in the 1/4 the two times I ran it down the track. It should be up near mid 90’s.

.1 should equal 1 bar on those stock gauges, which equals 14.7psi

that actually sounds about right. if it is completely stock than that is not that far off.
what year is it?

here is a conversion table for you
takes .mpa to .psi
http://www.woodcousa.com/frac-dec_r_f.htm#psi

His car is a 2004. Part of the issue is launching an automatic. I managed a 2.9 sixty foot for a 16.8 1/4 mile. That pretty much sucked…

But the mph I think should have been higher…regardless of the 60 foot.

Cannot remember for sure, but I think I was trapping in the low 90’s with my stock wagon. Haven’t been there for a while. My ET sucked 15.1 was best if I remember correctly due to shitty/scared of braking tranny launches.
The boost seems correct. Go COBB stage 2 and its a much better car.

the boost seems just about right. but your trap speed definitely is low. not sure if it has something to do with the automatic or the bogged launch.

anyway i see that you sold the other evo and got yourself a new one. looking pretty good.

Yes…I couldn’t stay away very long from the EVO. This red one is faster than the silver one. Big difference in quick horsepower on these IX’s. I am trying to get my son’s WRX running at least to be respectable. Although his car looks pretty cool with the coilovers. Just have to get his car in the 13’s without spending alot of money.

Buschur bought a WRX not too long ago and was working on it. There is a thread somewhere on NASIOC.com. Not sure if they are selling parts yet, but its worth a look since you went with them for the EVO. Not sure what it will take to get that auto into the 13’s.

Yes…Buschur has a few stage packages for the WRX’s. I am going to talk with them and also take a look at the Cobb Stage 2. It looks like the Cobb Stage 2 by itself should be plenty to get it in the 13’s. I also have to figure out a good way to launch the automatic…

the automatic is a big part of what is killing the cars 1/4 ET. getting an cobb tuning accessport along with a full TBE and an uppipe should get the car into the mid 13’s.

edit: you could also look into a stall converter and a transmission cooler.

They make stall converters for subies? (AWD) ?

a converter would realllllly open up that car…but i dont know if they make them or not. probly not. so your gonna need a ton of power just to get it into the 13’s to overcome the launch.

cobb 2 is good for mid lower 13’s with a stick…so that may break high 13’s with an auto…just need to launch it which will be hard to do.

yes they make stall converters for wrx’s, i will have to do alittle searching but ill get ya a link.

this appears to be the most liked and best performing converter for the wrx alot of people have seen gains of a full second in the 60’ foot times, from right around 3 seconds like you are saying to around 1.8 with the right launch.

http://www.protorque.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=29&cat=Subaru

Cool. I think that is a possible next mod :burnout:

nice, thats a nice price too

yea its a very nice piece, for a pretty decent price. but dont forget if you are going to start modding that thing you definitely want to pick up a transmission cooler as well.

tranny coolers are cheap. but how strong is that auto tranny? higher stall launches will be alot harder on that trans, even with street tires since you have awd