Stolen Harley in Scottdale, pa (westmoreland county).

Putting this in off-topic because there are more views than in the bike section…

Please keep your eyes open for a red Harley Road King. I think it was a 98 or 2000, with the hard bags on the side and a sony stereo installed in the fairing.

This was my parent’s neighbor’s bike, and this happened while he was at his wedding reception. Someone broke in, trashed part of his house, took the keys for the bike and the bike itself, from an integrated garage. Given what was taken and what was left in the house, it seems like it had to be someone with a working knowledge of his house.

That’s right, the happiest day of his life ended up sucking badly. The guy is in the VFD and is really nice. Definitely didn’t deserve to have this happen.

Thanks,

chris

pics?

I don’t have any, but I can see if he does, as well as the vin number. To me, it looks like every other harley with a fairing and hard bags, and it was a solid maroon-ish red. No flames or anything like that on it.

damn…thats terrible…hope its found and the thief gets what he has coming to him

sux, cold season and all, thats pleanty of time for somebody to disassymble and part out, id watch ebay, and definatly get all the info up you can, cause who knows just might see it one day.

So does the HOI cover it or the AI or was it off insurance cause of the season?

I checked craigslist and ebay, but nothing has turned up yet. the local cops said they will probably find it torched somewhere.

Not sure which insurance would cover it. The garage is integrated to the house so it might be HOI.

whats the postal code for the area there, cause you can search ebay by item location, within so many miles, My cuz had his GSXR stolen and we found the parts on ebay, sorrything was the cops couldnt do anything cause there was no way to know for certain they were his parts without buying them and confirming the seriel numbers,

But damn ill search too, cause my cuz’s bike was on ebay within 2 days of it being stolen

1. Did a search for stuff within 75 or 100 miles, but nothing big turned up yet.

wow that right down the road!,check creekhills

pewter, you probally know the guy. he lives on loucks lane in scottdale, so the hills are a quick shot.
this guy is a real good friend of mine. this indeed did happen while the wedding reception was going on.
the actors had to have known the timing of everything, security system was cut, and had knowledge of where things were kept, ie: keys etc.
nothing else of value was missing, almost like this was someone pissed off and knew the bike was his pirde and joy. i’m sure they were looking for his chopper seeing how not many people had known it was sold.

as chris said, it is a burgundy road king, winshield, sony cd player, hard bags. many chrome extras, straight pipes, many after market controls, and the bike is flawless and spotless.

state police have been there, prints have been swept for. not sure of the out come.

Man that sucks…but the bike is in peices by now.esp if they knew what they were doing

for some reason i have a feeling that if it hasn’t been burnt yet, its still floating around intact. my gut feeling is this wasn’t for selling it for money. there are plenty of things they could have taken in addtion the the harley that would just as valuable but yet didn’t. no tv stolen. no stereo, gifts, guns. all intact. his tractor, turf mower, all of his tools, still there. street and trail bike right where he parks it.
this sounds more like revenge, hatred. something of the such. pissed off psycho ex etc…

then again gut feelings could be wrong.

c’mon, cut alarm system?

thats taking it to the extream, my monitoring company knows the second my system goes off line. I know thats an option in the monitoring, but man! that sounds more professional, than vengfull.

thats rediculous.

not if you knew the x. i wouldn’t put it past her to enlist helpt to do the job.
she would have known where things were, and knowe there was some sort of alarm system on the house.