Street "tunned" @ Innovative

At times like this, I wish I were a writer so I could explain my experience a little better because I was very impressed with what Mike did to my car. I went to his shop for a little tuning and as always, he has gone above and beyond my expectations. I was a little weary on getting tuned w/out the dyno beacause I am so used to it, but this was well worth it to get all of the bugs worked out. This will save me a lot of time and $$$ dyno if I do still want to go.

The car had some issues when I went for my initial tune on sat 6/10 (wich I was an hour late for with no complaints from Mike). My 02 sensor was cutting out randomly sending my light throttle fuel trims out of whack and crazy wideband readings. I also had some injector wiring that was sub-par so I went through all of that as well.

On 6/19 we were gonna give it a go again. The night before I went, I changed around some vaccum lines, and that really seemed to wake up the turbo. The overall tuning went much better this time, but she still had some issues. My alternator was putting out 13.2 v at idle with no accesories on, and 12.7v at WOT with headlights on. So I snuck into NAPA and grabbed one, changed last night, and now I have 14.2 at idle and 14.5 at WOT. I also found some nasty wiring around the alternator/oil pressure sending unit area so I patched that up as well.

Let me just say that this car feels like a totally different beast. Running a solid 19psi, it feels better than it has ever felt. Also, my part throttle driveability issues have been completley eliminated. Incredibe! Smooth transitions to boost, no sputtering between 2500-3000rpm, less rattles and vibrations, and the exhaust note is much more crisp and clean.

Cliffs: Mike is the man, and still goes the extra mile for a regular broke-ass customer even with his busy schedule chock full of higher dollar customers. If it wasn’t for Mike’s hard work and extra effort, I would be still sputtering around at 15psi wasting gas like a mo-fo.

I decided to represent Mike by adding some mad tyte vynil…
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/Jskrapper/133-3373_IMG.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/Jskrapper/133-3372_IMG.jpg

Now it’s time to get some kill stories…then…race gas tune.

:tup: mike has always impressed me

YAY.

Now we should cruise together.

And rep.

Go figure you were an hour late… That never happens… :wink:

Mike does an amazing job, He get’s a :tup: in my book too!!

That’s awesome Hank…can’t wait to hear what kind of track times you’ll put out.

:tup:

Hopefully he can help my shiz out too so we can rerun y00000000

Glad to hear you got your car up and running solid! Mike is an awesome guy and it shows in his work :tup:

very cool

like the vinyl, that kinda shit just LOOKS hardcore :tup:

:tup: I need to finish tunning my shit.

Tunning is very important

:tup: to mike, can’t wait to get tunned in NYC lol

I hope you did that on purpose…

Yes, SUPER TUNNNNNING

you retard

I invented the phrase “Super Tunning” so you watch your mouth…

The look on Mike’s face was priceless at its conception.

OnTopic: Good work :tup:

lol…didn’t you guys check the title of the thread?

Gee, that must have escaped me… :roll2:

EDIT - Concentrate on getting your brake rotor part #'s right instead of creative thread titles…

Thanks for taking the time to post feedback on our service. That means a lot to me as does sporting our vinyl on your sexy beast. As long as there aren’t any more mechanical gremlins this car is a little more tuning away from hauling a$$. I’m sure there will be kill stories aplenty. :slight_smile:

-Mike

2nd that

awesome - sounds good :tup: I like that sticker, too.

I smell jealousy, out of the both of you Matt and Jeff…who’s car IS RUNNING AND CAN BE TUNED?

Thats what I thought. :wink: