Innovative Tuning Feedback

[quote=“cky89"”]

You’re a fucking retard.

I know several people who have been tuned by mike, and their cars run amazing.

Maybe you should stop listening to BULLSHIT HEARSAY and get your fucking FACTS straight.

How’s your FD running btw? Yeah, exactly.

[/quote]

bro dont be a dick…i could easily rip innovative a new one on here after what i went through with my car, but instead i just wont take any of my future cars to them or recommend them to anyone that needs work done…i know for a fact theres A LOT of unhappy customers on here thats gone to innovative for work and got fucked royally in the ass, and then theres other people that go to them and get great service…i guess it all depends on how much work they have going on and trying to please everyone at the same time isnt their strong suite…just my .02 tho

I understand where you’re coming from, but if he’s had a bad experience with them maybe he should have brought it up with them in private, or better yet had his friends who had the issues with them talk to innovative and keep his mouth shut.

Theres tons of people satisfied with the work innovative does, and theres tons of people who dislike the work, but it always seems that those people just seek another tune elsewhere instead of having Mike retune the car or fix whatever is wrong.

Theres a saying, I can’t think of it off the top of my head…but basically you tell one person one good thing and that’s as far as it goes. You tell one person one bad thing and it spreads like wildfire.

I just think it’s fucked up that he would come into this thread with no PERSONAL experience and completely shit on someones business.

If they sucked that bad they wouldn’t be in business.

but the thing is you cant discuss it with them privately because they wont ever assume its their fault…i think part of the reason no one says anything about innovative on here is because their afraid of the almighty ban stick coming out or the sack riders giving them shit about it…me personally, i dont give a fuck…if i was an asshole and wanted to be a total prick about what happend with my car and the 6 weeks of bullshit i went through i would have already posted my experience on here…but instead i kept my mouth shut and ill just let everything unfold and you’ll see what happens…i understand you cant make everyone happy with running your own business, but c’mon its the same shit time and time again…steve if you wanna ask me about my experience and many other peoples just PM me n ill tell you…but im done shitting on mike and jasons parade here…congrats on the 10 sec pass

I’m sure I’ll see you soon enough and we can discuss, lol.

I know what you mean though. :tup:

In light of recent comments… please post anything in here regarding YOUR personal experiences from Innovative Tuning. This is not the thread to post about what your buddy told you, or what you heard from someone while sitting at mighty taco, only post your personal experiences. Good and Bad, if bad then obviously keep it civil or it will be dealt with accordingly

wat?

my PERSONAL experience with mike is that he is a completely awesome dude, and totally goes the extra mile for his customers. He fucking lives and breathes his job. He has helped me out more times than i could fucking count.

If you had a bad experience with mike i can almost guarantee it’s because you were trying to cheap out on a build. If you want to do something right, take it to mike. It’s shitty people who try and cheap out that don’t get what they wanted.

Bovice I THINK I know who you are based on the car in your profile since it’s rather unique. If you are who I think you are, this person never expressed any discontent at all with the work we did to me. It also didn’t take anywhere near 6 weeks and the main reason it took more days than estimated was the parts the customer provided were missing parts (not their fault, manufacturer failed to include). We got an FMIC kit that the customer could tell was made horribly to work etc. for him.

I truly hope you give us a call or stop by so you can tell me exactly what you feel went wrong. If you don’t tell us anything we have no idea you’re upset and I do want to know so I can do something about it. I’m totally lost on this one.

I feel we do a great job and certainly work hard to do our best for all customers. Every shop owner makes choices that affects the way work is done, what jobs get worked on each day, etc. I’ll freely admit that sometimes long term jobs do take longer than expected due to waiting for parts and that throwing a job out of cycle on the schedule etc. We’re asked and expected to do excellent work, which is the only kind I want to do, and sometimes doing a job right just takes some extra time, but when customers get their cars back the work we did (not the whole car) should be done right. To clarify, excellent work does not mean expensive work, it just means we do it right. Also, I have to specify that things we work on should be done right because we’re often asked to fix a couple things on a car that needs a lot more work before it will run properly i.e. fixing some vacuum leaks to temporarily help someone out until they can have a blown head gasket replaced.

Bottom line, if a customer doesn’t bring a problem to our attention I can’t make things better. I’m certainly not an intimidating guy…just talk to me. I started the shop because I wasn’t happy with the shop options that were around and wanted there to be an honest shop for people to bring their cars to for solid work. I knew this wasn’t going to make me rich. General repairs make a shop money, not estimating 7 hours for a job, taking 9 and charging 7 instead of doing a 3 hour brake job in 20 minutes. If I’m going to bust my ass 80 hours a week for a couple bucks I better at least be doing what I set out to do and I know we’ve done this for countless people. If you feel we’ve failed in this please call or stop by and tell me what we need to do better.

Mike helped me out once big time. burned a base tune for me for practically less than he could even get a decent lunch for.

Seriously, I was there once and some dude was trying to get his car tuned with electrical tape on his charge pipes. I don’t know how he can put up with those types of dudes.

Mike has gone out of his way to provide me with great info, service, and parts.

I’ve never had any problems whatsoever. :tup:

I can say from working there, a majority of the cars that ever were a problem either: a) were trailered there with a “new” motor and had yet to run b) were hacked installs that were half finished or the wrong parts c ) person brought the car down expecting that a tune would fix all of their mechanical/electrical problems

It’s unfortunate when that happens. The majority of the time when a customer is unhappy, they will not say a thing to the business, but just complain to everyone else and hurt their reputation when everything would have been solved just by mentioning the issue.

I’ve only had minor experience dealing with IT, but it was always pleasant. Especially talking with Mike. He seems like he’ll do almost anything to make sure someone gets what they want and he shows a passion for what he does.

I hope this gets worked out. I’ve felt that IV has been one of the most satisfactory shop, if not the most, in the area, and I would hate to see that reputation get tarnished.

i have NEVER had a problem with innovative/mike. he has always gone the extra mile to help me out. even opening up on a saturday for me to bead roll a pipe for me.

yes mike did tune my car at first, but i dont think that i was ever “clear” with him as to how hard i wanted to push and beat up on my motor. i did have tom tune it after, but i didnt have a problem with having toms tune in the car because if something happened i knew people wouldnt associate with a shop causing my motor to blow like how it always is.

mike has always been super helpful, and has given me some sweet deals that i know he shouldnt have.

This is ridiculous, if you knew mike at all you would realize what kind of person he is and how he runs his business. He is passionate about what he does and definitely goes above and beyond what is expected to take care of his customers.

I’ve taken my WRX to Mike many times and I have received nothing but excellent service every single time. I had him do a turbo back exhaust with a tune and bunch of other crap and it came out awesome. I had a nasty rattle coming from the back of the car almost a year later, and they were able to diagnose it within an hour and were able to get the parts and fix it all for me. I honestly won’t take my car anywhere other than Innovative. I have nothing but high praises for the work they do. It’s difficult to find good people who do good work. Innovative Tuning is just that. Good people doing good work.

I was stuck in between a pimp and a hard place when my clutch blew. Innovative had a new one in and the car back to me in 2 days. I cannot say enough about how awesome they are.

:tup: to Mike, Justin, and the others.

What happened to the OP? I’m interested to know what he’s talking about?

^^ You clearly didn’t try.

I have nothing but good things to say about Innovative. Before the STi, I didn’t know Mike, or even that Innovative existed. I’m an average customer and they’ve given me parts, time and time again cheaper than I could find on forums or internet stores. If I’m installing my own parts, he’s always offered free advise, and let me talk to his guys for install tips, things to look out for ect… At one point he actually came to my office to pick up the STi and diagnose a problem, that I thought was tune related at no charge.

If you have a problem with Innovative, either you are looking for a problem or you have problems everywhere you go.

i have had a good experience with innovative so far, and i’ll definitely be going back in the future.

The original poster did not make this thread. He counter replied to a comment made on the board. Now working in the Automotive field I think original poster would have a better reply to this. Shit does happen and seeing the original poster handle rough customer issues I would assume he would of just understood better and not said the things he said. I personally helped dissasembled this mazda. I will say there were some dissapointing things done on this vehicle. I am not here to start a fight. Mike is a up standing guy and although I have heard some complaints from his customers. I have never heard that anyone came back and actually complained to him. Any upstanding auto shop will stand by there work. I personally in my career have dealt with the most delicate of situations with our customers.

Have been to innovative a atleast a hand full of times… dropping off parts and things for a build. They are always nice and willing to show me some pretty cool stuff. def went out of their way a few times! Good guys!:tup: