strut / strut bar problem?

I was hoping someone knowledgable could help me out here. I was putting on my front and rear strut bars today with a buddy of mine. Turns out my buddy tightened one nut too much and snapped the bolt right off. This is for the left rear strut, the actual strut ( two bolts at the top that attatch through the chassis to the strut bar ). One bolt is fastened with a nut to the strut bar and the other is snapped off. Is this bad to ride on? Am i going to encounter any problems driving like this? If so, what should i do? I was thinking maybe due to pressure on turns or whatever maybe the other one would snap at some point when driving. Thanks ahead of time for any help or suggestions.

the other wont snap but if you ahve play in it may leave a wired noise when hitting bumps and the shock may eventualy come right off the car all together… id sugest takeing the strust out, drlling a new hole and welding in a new bolt ASAP

Meh, I unknowingly rode around with zero nuts on one of the rear struts for over a week. I’m not condoning only using one, but if you cant get it fixed within the next couple days, no biggie, your car won’t explode.

just replace the strut’s top mount

would you happen to know pricing for replacing the one strut mount?

jsut grab a used strut top take it off put it on your strut and away u go.

i have a used strut if you want it

Im Pretty sure these bolts are studs that u can punch out like wheels studs and get a replacement stud for.

lol i drove with my old car with no front top bolts on for like a week LOL! didnt know till i tried to blow up my ka.
fun stuff. and i didnt die
seriously tho just get a top mount

thanks for the suggestions…probably just going to go with a new/used top mount…if anyone has one they don’t need or one for a good price pm me.

ironicaly putting on your KYBs i had to cut 3 of the old front top bolts off i have now 1 on the PS and one on the DS and the rear i have one for the DS cause i dropped the nut and said fuck it. lol

LOL I got a few more.

lol yeah ill end up grabbing some when i get around to it i have a billion at work it was funny tho… ‘FCUK i have to cut another one off… ohhhh well’

then dan…

“you know… thats not realy the safest thing”

my reply

“yeah whatever you wana come with me to get coffie… ill drive…”

dan

“ok sure”

HAHAHAHHAHA!!!^^^^^^

i thought so lol