students kicked off campus

Haha, been to whitehall?

One thing I will admit in their favor though is this. These guys will put a quality roof on a house in one day, rain/sun/sleet/snow, for a 12 pack and a pizza to bring home. Switch their place with most American workers and that same job will take a week, cost 100x more and all you will hear is complaining about their back problems and diabetes because they take their 2 hour lunch break at McDonalds.

Teenagers are supposed to be doing these BS jobs. Too bad with each generation in America we grow lazier and lazier and the kids are doing less and less. I can assure you though that they do take jobs, nothing too high paying of course. But plenty of factory and warehouse jobs are being taken by illegals. I dont have a problem with immigrants coming to America, I have a problem with people coming illegally and then working for pennies because its as good as gold in their country where they send it all back to.

So then let us agree on something… we hate laziness, but like good work ethic no matter what race, nationality, color, religion, ect

actually, depending on the time period/economic boom or bust, teenagers are or aren’t supposed to have any jobs. In WWI and WWII yes, in between like the Great Depression no. They were taking jobs from all the returning vets. It’s not as cut and dry. A teenagers real responsibility is school work and then taking care of household chores.

We also can thank many of the International Corporations who are sending jobs overseas and hiring people for pennies to keep up with the demand of cheap products.

“You reap what you sow.”

Yup. Agreed fully!

Thats fine and dandy for the cheap ass american that doesnt want to or CANT pay a proper price for labor. But all that is doing is hurting the good american roofers out there making a living doing good work. yes they should step up their game and be more professional and proficent at the labor they provide, but all the imagrent labor is driving the prices of everything down. The material costs will drop, everything else will sink. Now thats great for the consumers but its killing the bussinesses. Which remember the consumers work for bussinesses to make money to consume products… so it hurts everyone full circle.

THIS. It comes down to americans have to step up the game. Produce BETTER products with MORE PROFESSIONALISM and still offer it at an acceptable price. No offense to the hard working imagrents, but that will drive them “out of bissiness”. There are alot of people looking for labor, work on their houses, land, etc… that are WILLING to spend the extra money better product, and sometimes to show support to a local or even an american company becasue they understand the need to support them based on my above comments.

YES!

I know PLENTY of unemployed people that “can’t find a job” yet refuse to work as cleaners, fast food workers, phone people, etc.

I’m sorry but how is that any better then actually wanting to work so bad you will take less money?

It isnt any better, its lazy. plan and simple.

Even if UE pays your $405 a week, and you could do some BS labor for $350 a week, I would choose the BS labor. BECAUSE what comes around goes around, bust your balls and someone might notice it and throw you a bone. Not to mention it will keep your head on straight and make you atleast think to your self, HEY I AM TRYING.

“cant find a job” is a bullshit cop out

Don’t forget if US doesn’t allow cheap labor to come in, and nobody works that cheap here the companies go and have been going elsewhere outsourcing to all hell.

I am not saying get rid of cheap labor in entirely. To turn around this society it needs to happen in small steps.

start with the basics again. Remember that if you work hard for something the results you EARN in the end are worth it. Get the young people in shape and show them that if they try harder, they will get more out of the efforts. They will start low on the totem poll, and work hard to gain a higher position. Now step two comes in, the older people in the company need to raise their game so the young kids dont take their job. Now the production from the company increased in quality TWICE. Keep compounding that up the chain of command. Sure there will be people getting fired once they find out they cant hack it anymore, but those people, again if they were smart and want to work hard, will start a competing company and produce a good product also. Everything around us is bred from competition, whats why our cars have more HP, handle better, look better, are safer… because there are some people smart enough and willing to put the effort towards a goal and accomplish it.

It has to happen in small steps. We can flip a switch and turn something around that has sooooo many small troublesome subsets of society. Drastic changes like, lowering taxes, raising taxes, furloughing employees, raising prices through the roof, lowering prices through the floor, laying off thousands at a time, hiring thousands at a time, bailing out big companies for desperate measures, giving up on big companies for desperate measures… all those ups and downs need to LEVEL out. Then once they stabilize you can start taking small steps again in the right directions.

Its all too easy for people to take the easy way out, or take short cuts to get to a small goal ahead of themselves and just cross their fingers that the path continues towards a greater goal. WE ALL ARE GUILTY OF THAT from time to time, but the people who WILL make a difference might take a short cut here or there but dont need to cross their fingers and hope for the best, they know they can continue on with the goals and they know they will reach them.