subaru question

here is a question who makes suburau???/like what country me and shaggy were trying ot figure this one out

Originally posted by ohsoquik02
here is a question who makes suburau???/like what country me and shaggy were trying ot figure this one out

ummm JAPAN!

ok good answer but why do they share designs with a german company[ie wrx=boxer]

They share a design concept but not the actual design.

ok good answer but why do they share designs with a german company[ie wrx=boxer]

off topic but porsche designed the boxer engine in i want to say 30’s or 40’s… subaru adopted their design.

Originally posted by whitey
off topic but porsche designed the boxer engine in i want to say 30’s or 40’s… subaru adopted their design.
well how come when try first came out they were saying that the WRX has a boxer motor

wrx is a boxer motor, a flat four or also called horizontally opposed

Same concept. Boxer is a type of engine. It is a flat design instead of a V or inline.

here is a link that might help more about air cooled dubs but it tell you a lil about the boxer engine

http://www.peebles34.freeserve.co.uk/Pages/How%20Engine%20Works/How%20Engine%20Wks%20Overview/Boxer%20Engine.htm

to clear things for me did they come from japan??? and when the comercial first came out they said it was a porsche boxer turbo motor:dunno::confused:

porsche designed boxer engine

and yes they are from japan

ok one thing clear up how about the other thing???

does anyone remeber the comcerial when the wrx first came out???

http://www.alfisti.co.uk/boxerpage.htm

ok one thing clear up how about the other thing???

does anyone remeber the comcerial when the wrx first came out???

i did look up, it says PORSCHE DESIGNED BOXER ENGINE

I never saw a commercial that said it was a porsche engine. Subaru has used the flat 4 design for years. My 87 Subaru wagon has a flat 4. Show me an add that says this because that would be false advertising. The WRX uses a 2.0 L Flat 4 designed by subaru and has been used in the Japanese version of the WRX for years. The STi uses a 2.5 L flat 4 that is similar to the design of the engine in the 2.5RS and Legacy GT.

No the parts are different. That is like saying I can use all the VW parts on my sentra because it is a straight 4. Porsche designed the boxer engine and Subaru used this concept to design their own.

ok things are clear now, so its based from the designs of the porsche version but not actually the same shit

exactly

got it dude:bigok:

:gives:

Originally posted by slowcamaro
:gives:
:offtopic: gentalman!!!