Subaru Transmission

Looking for a tranny…

I have an 99RS with a fried center dif.

Want a whole tranny

4.111FD

bump

check nasioc. Unless Chino wants to part with the tranny from the rallyx project.

IDK about a 2.5RS trans, but the center dif on an STI comes out without having to split the part of the case that houses the gears…

Just something to consider…

It does on the RS too, but you still need another one to toss on, and most people would rather just swap trannies.

Yeah, but if he gets a trans with bad gears then he can swap the dif and not need to worry about the final drive and shit.

Just a thought, brian. I’ve pulled apart a bunch of MTs in my day inc the STi one and I can help you.

How exactly did you fry the center diff?

And Hallock has a wrx tranny that you could probably steal the center diff of off…

I didn’t fry the dif, I fucked up the reverse gear balk ring and had to pull the trans totally apart.

My question was actually for the OP - frying the center usually means free spinning all 4 wheels or something like that.

ooh, lol. He bought the car like that.

I have everything, the tranny has a bad 3rd gear syncro.

I have an ad a few down from this one, everything for $300, good deal IMO.

Yes - you should do this - dirt cheap. I was going to buy it just because it was cheap, but you actually need it so get it asap before I change my mind.

Brian, If you get this I can help you w/ the swap.

Came off my friend’s 2007 WRX TR, that had approximately 40k miles when it was taken off. He was pushing 300hp, waiting for it to go, and the 3rd gear syncro went. He’s just building it as a track car, and was pushing near 400hp when it happened.

I <3 you guys.

The wrx tranny has a different FD meaning I would need a rear diff as well

I bought the RS with what I am assuming to be a dead center diff.
Turn to full lock when driving = lots of binding.

The center dif is not affected by the final drive you should be able to buy the trans and swap difs.

Exactly. Plus, he’s giving you the rear diff as well, just in case you want to do that too.

But if not, I’m taking that tranny, so you better make up your mind by this weekend.

Yeah, I’m going to grab it.

Strip out the center dif for now.

I just wanted to swap the whole thing because I’m going to do the clutch too.
And am worried that it isn’t just the center dif

If you aren’t using the rest of the tranny, I might be willing to take that off your hands

You’re gonna need to pull the tranny to do the dif easily anyway.