Suggest a good All-Season 215/45/17 tire for me

Hey guys. I took a look at the tires on my mazda this weekend and the tires probably only have about 2 or 3 months left in them before I replace them. I am looking to spend under 100 bucks per tire, but want some suggestions on what tire to get. I have found a lot on ebay stores or other discount tire sites online but most seem a little to agressive and don’t look like they would perform well in the snow.

In making my decision, my main concerns are 1) Price 2) Tire life 3) Performance.

Thanks for any suggestions.

falken ziex 512’s

the BEST all season tire I’ve ever used

Pretty good in the snow? What kind of car do you have them on?

Love the Potenza RE960AS’s I ran this winter. Not cheap, but they are a 400 tread wear tire, and grip very well.

I had them on my 240 as well as my civic, had no issues in the snow albeit I don’t drive either of those vehicles in the snow if I don’t have to or very often

You know I just got the Falken 912s. Give me a few weeks to drive on them and I’ll tell you what I think.

Had the Ziex512s on my 17’s and I didn’t like them. Wet handling was pretty good, but they wore down way too fast. I had about 6,000 miles and 1 autoX on them and they were less about 50-60% left.

Ya don’t say. :wink:

I don’t do too much snow driving in this car either. My wife drives a honda element that is AWD so I take that when it snows and she takes the mazda because she only drives like 2 minutes to get to work. How many miles do you have an yours so far? I am hoping that my next set of tires will be me at least 40K miles or so. I don’t do any racing and don’t drive them to hard. It is really just for commuting and running errands. Do you think that is too much to expect from these tires?

They don’t make Falken 512’s anymore.
912’s aren’t too bad though…
452’s are sexy but not exactly all-season…haha

If I can add one thing to the 912s for right now is that they are SUPER quiet. And you know that our cars have zero sound deadening, so that is saying a lot about these tires.

Anything Tirerack I can get you a deal on since I am technically a “wholesale distributor”. Anything, let me know and i’ll shoot you a price.