Suggest me a snowmobile

So. I don’t know the first thing about buying a sled.
Ridden them a time or two, figure I’d like to get one for this winter.
Suggestions? Opinions? Resources?

Start with one that has an LS1 in it already?

What’s your budget?

Ha.
This suggestion was the first one made to me.
Looking used.
$4000ish?

Find something ski doo 04+ like a 500ss rev chassis. Or a 03+ firecat.

This, or get a 2007+ Yamaha Phazer. Ya, not going to be that fastest thing out there, but it’s a fucking blast to ride. It’s a four stroke, so it will last you. I threw in the towel on two stokes last year and not looking back. Bought an Apex and a Phazer last year, 100% happy.

Either way, get something “rider forward”.

I fucking love snowmobiling.

I forgot about the phazers. Didn’t realize they where down in that price range. Just make sure you look over the bulk heads on the revs thay are known to crack.

Thanks.
I’ll look into them for sure. Few people I work with bought sleds and I live near some trails…so peer pressure.
And if you love it, how can anyone hate it?

I hate what it does to my wallet. Main trail runs threw my back yard. Thinking about selling beer & hot coco and hamburgs and hot dogs around a camp fire this year at my cabin in the woods

Yeah. I hate cars for that too but I need something to do all winter.

Get a ski doo. All I’ve ever ridden and I stand by them

Take into consideration what shops are around you and what makes they sell as well.

Try to determine what style ride you prefer. Forward rider like sport bike (Rev, Fusion, etc.) or old style. I have an
04 Firecat and like the ability to get low in the turns but the suspension really seems to handle the bumps, even for a non-rider forward design.

Back in the day, somewhere around the byrncliff area, there was a trailer in the woods. Place was called “Ski-Doodlers” (get it?). For like $5 you could get beers and food. Place got shut down, obviously.

you should ask the guy that races for hebelers…just saying.

buy a cat. i could go on for hours with actual fact for why theyre the best out there, but i dont feel like writing a book here. if you get a cat i could also go through it and make sure everything is good to go, as well as setup the clutching and such if you want to go faster.

my buddy has an f6 for sale, he’ll take 3200.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/rvs/2632662053.html

Good choice. Setup just like mine. No bias.

Get a rider forward style sled there is a reason why all of the companies are going this route. I ride ski doo and love ski doos that said I would have no problem getting on a Cat.

I rode a Ski Doo for a day and just couldn’t get past the high, top heavy feeling it gave me. I’d hate to buy a one and hate it. I like the Cat because it’s not quite rider forward but you can move up on it. Your call.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/rvs/2687933977.html

We can use my trailer to go get it.

your 100% happy with your apex? imho those are the worst sled ever built. aside from the motor you can throw the rest of it on the scrap pile.