suggestions for local shops?

so the oil pump went on the camaro yesterday. the motor has 7k miles on it (jasper motor) and is still under warranty…fuck doing it myself, haha. Anyone have any suggestions for good local shops?

ls1 swap, then you’ll want to keep it

plans are for an LS1 swap in the MX-5 :stuck_out_tongue:

inline? gearhead? both local

+1 for Inline or Gearhead

And :rofl at blown Japstar motor… who woulda thunk

Does the warranty cover the oil pump?

If so find Jasper’s website and see if they have a directory of Jasper licensed repair shops in the area. I know theres several shops around here that are Jasper licensed but cant think of them off the top of my head.

G+M Auto Tech on State St. in Schenectady.

fuck those guys. I bought my '93 S10 from a dealer that used them for warranty work and it took them 3 times to find a coolant leak and they told me they were replacing the clutch but they took it somewhere else. Atleast the other place was able to fix it.

I’ve always brought my cars there with good results. They do mostly GM vehicles. I know the one mechanic there, he used to be my baseball coach

My father in law would probably appreciate me throwing out his name in here. I’m not much for repair, but that’s his game so I’ll give you the information:

O’sullivan’s - 577 Columbia Turnpike, East Greenbush, NY, 12144 (518) 477-8042

yea hes really gonna get a domestic motor at japan star…
its JASPER

good luck gettin a warr threw jasper if ya aint the original purchaser ,hell even anything for that matter the oil pump is easy on the car if ya have any mech knowledge the k frame gets lowered about 2-3 inches remove starter ,clutch insp cover all bolts for the pan and out it is …remove pump bein carefull as its also the bearing cap support clean install new gasket and trq the pump and repete process in opposite way

reading> me :Idiots

its k i still love u lol:hug

i can do that oil pump job if you want. pm me if interested. feel free to ask some people around here for a reference. you can start with engineer13teg sp? on here, i did a clutch/flywheel for him most recently.

i prefer to use OEM parts for replacements bro, and i can get them at a good price.