oil problem for a friend

well i have yet an other question. this chic i work with bought her brother a 95 240sx bla bla bla. she payed for a engine swap to an sr20det bla bla bla. now they had the car back and then found out that the engine was in crooked so they had to send it to red deer to a nother shop and pay some one else to fix it.( i dont know the shops name but any ways) so now they are saying the engine is not getting any oil and they told her it would be like 1500$ in labour to fix cause they would need to take out the engine to get at it. Now i find that hard to belive they also said it might be best to buy a hole new engine.

Any ways my qustion is this:

how hard is it to change an oil pump?
What else would cause this?

would an oil pressure regulator help?

she know nothing of cars and by the sounds of it either does her brother she bought the car and will just drive it (lucky asshole)

they are both new at the import game and didnt know of a good shop to go to. I told them about auto dream and speed tech in calgary but what shops up here in edmonton could help her and specilize in these things?

You CAN do it with the motor in the car, it is probably just as easy as removing it again.
The weak oil pump is a downside to the SR but as long as you have a decent guage and use good oil it is not a problem. Basicly you got a shitty motor from JAPAN

No such thing for the SR

Umm THERE ARE NO GOOD SHOPS IN EDMONTON PERIOD. It sucks but DIY or go to Autodream.

The shop in Red Deer is likely Lightspeed Innovations and Cam knows his shit and does not strike me as the kind of guy to do unnecessary work.

um mybe look at the oil pan just incaseā€¦ engines shipped here from japan just get shipped on there oil pan and they get dented and it screws with the oil pickup. i donno maybe look at that. raymond at silverstone could do the oil pump on an sr without screwing it up how much he would charge or how gay he would be is a diffrent story.

If you convince jason to work on it he could likley do it here cheaper. But then again you have to convince him to. Try talking to jasonturbo on 780.

There actually is now a good shop in edmonton to go to with a great guy that knows his stuff and doesnt do crap work. Might wanna give him a call. Its call Project Omega Speedworks @ 984-5551. Ask for Rob.