Suits

Not the snazzy outfit you wore to prom and got the ladies in the bedroom with.

I mean racing suits.

Flame retardant.

You know the deal.

Where do you get them? How much? How do you determine their track worthyness?

I’m looking for the suit, the shoes, and the gloves. Possibly the balaclava (sp?), the socks, and the underwear (top and bottom).

Thanks.

i can get sparco, simpson, g force leaf, etc etc etc…

call me for details

GT

What series are you racing in

do you have a harness seat and cage?

Actually I was just planning on wearing it around the house or to the mall.

Reading through most rulebooks [DM, FD, D1, etc.] they require full suits so i’m looking for more info. I’ll call or talk to you on msn greg, thanks.

If anyone has prices post up here.

thats exactly my point

any of those series you’re gonna need an fia seat harness and cage too. not to mention an SA helmet

I never said I didn’t have them.

My point is that this thread is about the suits. I understand the other requirements as well however one thing i’m lacking is the suit.

Thanks for the mention of the SA helmet tho. Can Overdrive get these as well greg?

you can get some SA helmets pretty cheap i just found out today, some for under 200$ CAD. bell and simpson mostly. yea greg can get them

read up on some forums about 2 and 3 layer nomex suits

most series require 3 layers total, so a 2 layer suit requires the underwear, whereas a 3 layer doesn’t.

2 layers dry faster and are lighter

but 3 layers are easier to get in and out of since you dont have to put on all this underwear bullshit

and you need a balaclava for pretty much any series

Which one do you have? and what size is it? They go by numbers IIRC and I think I’m a bit bigger than you (no pun intended).

I’m waiting on the 2006 Sponsor 6 to be released, but it looks like im ordering a 50. Im between 48 and 50, but closer to 50. I may order a 48 though. I’m going to try to find somewhere that stocks a lot of sparco gear and test fit some suits and see what is best for me.

yea i can get all that junk.

catch me on the interweeb or call the shop

GT