Sully's 93' VR-4 Build

well, minus the Crower’s. He has Manley rods. Manley > Crower though.

Wonder why more Supra guys dont use Manley’s.

Why is this pile always down for the count?

It actually has pauter rods… :slight_smile:

I knew that!

Fuckin’ K20

I think I rather have a more simple car with less power that ran all the time then all the issues you have had Sully. I hope to see this car out more than once this year. Check everything Sean touched. He did forget to torque Haffy’s wheel.

So what was wrong with the engine

Might be valves… I dunno how bc. The timing was dead on when I took it apart… after talking to Joey’s dad, I think it bent the valves. O well…

No you didnt, the compression was spot on when the tensioner went bad. You even did a compression test after the motor stopped running IIRC and it was fine. Take your heads and set them upside down. Pour water into the combustion chambers and see if anything gets by

Put a LS7 in it, and be done :lol

The compression test " was" good, but it stopped running so abruptly and hasn’t run since. Plus, they’re slight ware marks on the pistons and valves, nothing major though…

LS7!!!

Yeah, but a compression test isn’t necessarily what would tell you if it had bent valves, a leakdown would be what should’ve been done as well. The pistons have marks on them from the valves clearly having decent contact with them. Bent valves certainly isn’t out of the question.

so are wives…

Time to bust open the piggy bank Sully!

^ Haha yea, I hope its not too bad. Who knows.

most Supra guys use Carrillos or Pauters anyway. both top shelf parts.

do what GermanN/A said. You could use denatured alcohol or lacquer thinner as it is will pass a bent valve easier then water. Only problem is it stinks and evaporates fast. Or pull the valves and roll them on a flat edge. If they keep stopping on the same side of he valve then they are probably bent. If they are bad you will notice a wobble right away.

^Good info. I’m going to have to try and have it tested some how. I just cant understand how the bottom end is what caused the failure…

do u even have a gf? y the fuck would u say this? :facepalm