93' VR-4 (Project "Pain In The Ass")

As many of you know, my car has not been out AT ALL this year!! It spun a rod bearing in March and hasn’t seen the road since, except for being on a flatbed. I’ve done everything possible to get this shit box back on the road, from: replacing the entire wiring harness/ getting rid of my cobb job wiring from last year, replacing all sensors, fooling with the AEM…etc. I figured I checked all electrical/ sensor possibilities, so I thought that it might actually be a mechanical problem.
I checked the timing belt numberous times throughout this process and knew for certain it was correct. OK then, what could it be. Today I pulled the valve covers off just to take a peak into the heads to reashure myself everything was fine. It turns out, whoever put the heads together for this engine somehow switched the intake and exhaust cams!!
So I guess i have to take the cams out and switch them, and lucky me, I also get to do another 6G72 timingbelt!! Im so excited!.. :headbang

I am very lucky though that there wasn’t any damage to the internals bc of someone elses screw up…

oh wow. soooo it should run shortly, correct?

Thats debatable although I spent a couple hours swapping a wiring harness on this pile and would love to see it run finally

lets pray, im gonna work hard core on it so it can finally see the road and kick some ass. But, no ass kicking till it goes to the track…

Can’t wait til it’s done! Been a long road for you man!

haha, yea. I owe you!! and alot of other ppl to!! lol

it makes it even harder when I can’t go anywhere without being asked about it, lol.

this thing has pissed fuel on me and made me bleed, id like nothing more than to kick it.

I gotta get over there and help you clean up that wiring disaster you’ve got under the hood. The car better be fast enough for me to shit my pants, or I’ll be very disappointed. LOL

wiring? Let me know if you need help :excited

haha don’t get your hopes up to high, it’s only seeing pump gas…

haha,I actually could use a little more help. Most of the shit is cleared up, but there are a few things I still need to finish wiring

heres to hoping it starts after you fix the cams b.s.

welll ive been wondering what was up with your car …wow i cant beleave the cams were switched :idiots well dan i hope its running soon bud

get this thing running!

IT’S ALIVE!!! I worked on it last night and early this morning. Started right up and I took it around the block! Turns out who ever put the heads together initially put the cams in the wrong spot (exhaust in the intake, and intake in the exhaust).
I have to fix the return flange on the turbo and change the oil, but I’m kinda nervous to drive it bc its a brand new built motor…

-Anyone have any other tips for freshly built motors?? Other than changing the oil, what else should I keep an eye on??

Sweeeeeeet :giggedy.

so good to hear that it is alive

give it 500 miles before you beat the snot out of it. Check all you gaskets over to make sure there is no failure anywhere. replace the spark plugs after initial breakin.

those are things i usually do with a new motor

Congrats dan!!! keep pissing off the nieghbors!! hopefully ill be in this soon… ::slight_smile: