Sully's 93' VR-4 Build

did you do a new slave when you did the clutch? i didnt know this until owning my car, but you should almost always just replace the slave when doing clutch work. They can cause ALLLL kinds of headaches, and theyre easy to replace (on my car anyways) once your working on the clutch.

No, stock. Maybe I should though.

Yea lets race this bitch next week. Oh yea buy a twin disc and solver all your problems

do they make twin disk clutches for your car? i know the single disks have tendanceies to lock out on the evos, not sure with vr4s

Ahh you retard!!! why did you replace it before??? i bet that is playing into some of your trans issues

They do make twin disks… ofr ~$3k , fuck that.
Why were the Evo’s getting locked out of gear???

because of the single disk… not releasing fast enough or something… didn’t really care, i just spent the money once and didn’t wanna have a headache later down the road.

Your single disc clutch sucks. That is all.

your car is a little different…

usually it’s not necessary to replace a slave, esp if the fluid is clean and looks good. 90% of the clutches i’ve done haven’t needed a slave.

+1, thanks.
This clutch that I have/had had a SERIOUS presure plate for it being single disk. The clutch was 1 of 5, prototype from Southbend. It was rated for 4000lb clamping force, this must have contributed to the stiff ass pedal/slight sticking in gear with stock slave cylinder… lol
I’m trying to get a new, maybe less badass pressure plate for free now.

ohh gotcha, well my bad sully :hug

that wasn’t nice

Southbend will DEF hook you up man. They have always been great with my issues.

May not apply to you, but I know that hardcore pressure plates in my car causes the master cylinder rod to bend, and even snap for some guys.