Sunday BOI timeslip: made the 12's

Well, I finally got what I wanted. A timeslip in the 12’s.
http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/twinturbonet/12_9TimeSlip.jpg

There’s definately room for improvement. I was staring in awe at my 1/8 mile trapspeed. 87 mph is the highest its ever been. I’ve had higher 1/4 mile traps in the past when my 1/8 trap was only 83-84 mph, which leads me to believe I screwed up somewhere near the top end - maybe grinded my shift or something. On this run the 1/4 mile trap probably could’ve been in the ~109-110 ballpark had everything been smooth.

I actually got 6 runs yesterday, but only have timeslips for 4 of them. The first run of the day the timing equipment screwed up so the first run was a waste for everyone. The other lost run for me was when my car moved slightly while I was staged and I redlighted before the tree dropped, and I sat there for a couple seconds not sure what to do, and then went… my timeslip was blank on that run. Of the 6 runs I red-lighted on three of them yesterday. D’oh! I told you I can’t drive!! :lol:

Very impressive. On that time slip, what car was #5133, the guy you were racing?

The other car was one of those all-out not-so street legal muscle cars… fairly non-descript, I can’t tell some of the old-school domestics apart (they all look the same to me… hehe). Anyway, this car had a monster hood scoop, a lumpy cam idle, massive slicks, flames down the side, and he did one of those really loud 2-minute burnouts (exagerating). He was probably quite surprised to see me keep up with him all the way down the track. :lol:

Ummmmm, unless I"m stupid, I see that you red lighted that one, with a -0.313… wouldn’t that slide you back into the 13.2 ranges??? I don’t want to burst your bubble if its so, but I thought I might point it out. Otherwise, that’s looking great Jason. Congrats.

Couple things:

• we both red-lighted, and this was only time trials, not the competition so red-lighting doesn’t matter.
  • red-lighting will disqualify you in competition because its technically a false start compared to your fellow competitor, but has absolutely nothing to do with your actual time. Your ET is still the “elapsed time” from when your tires cross the light beam at the beginning until you cross the beam at the end of the track, irrespective of the tree. ET is not the time the light drops to green until you cross the finish. ie. Its still a 12.9 whether I went on the first amber, or if I sat there for two minutes before going.

Couple things:

• we both red-lighted, and this was only time trials, not the competition so red-lighting doesn’t matter.
  • red-lighting will disqualify you in competition because its technically a false start compared to your fellow competitor, but has absolutely nothing to do with your actual time. Your ET is still the “elapsed time” from when your tires cross the light beam at the beginning until you cross the beam at the end of the track, irrespective of the tree. ET is not the time the light drops to green until you cross the finish. ie. Its still a 12.9 whether I went on the first amber, or if I sat there for two minutes before going.[/quote]

Gotcha. My bad. Learn something new everyday I guess. Thanks, and sorry.

:evil: Ya Ya whatever!

Kickass …that’s awsome! Felt good to see that slip I bet!

So in other words that would have meant you would have had a perfect reaction time in order to get the 12.988?

No. I ran the ET exactly as stated on the time slip. The reaction time has absolutely nothing to do with the elapsed time.

The tree and the 0.500 second delay from the last amber to the green exists to give the racers a starting point and common reference point. Like Olympic 400m dash, if you leave before the gunshot you’re disqualified (they don’t want competitors false starting).

Here’s where the tree comes into play:
Example One:
Take two cars that can run 12.8 ETs. One guy (car A) cuts a +0.100 second light. The other guy (car B) leaves +0.300 seconds after the light. Neither cars in this case red-light, they both left after the green (with a RT of 0.000 being perfect). Let say they both nail a 12.800 second run. Car A would win because he would cross the finish line first (12.800 + 0.100). Car B would be 0.200 seconds behind (12.800 + 0.300) crossing the finish line. They both ran a 12.8 but one car finished first because the other car took 0.2 extra seconds reaction time at the start. In this example, Car A wins even though they both ran a 12.8s. This only matters in a “competition” though.

Example Two:
In the case of my slip, I ran a 12.9 and the other guy ran a 12.6 but both our cars ended up crossing the line at the same time because I left 0.3 seconds early. Get it?? Nobody wins and nobody loses because we both redlighted and it wasn’t even competition, it was just time trials. I ran a 12.9 and the other guy ran a 12.6. End of story.

The ET is AS STATED on the slip, the actual elapsed time from crossing the starting beam to crossing the finish line beam, irrespective of the tree. The reaction time is NOT INCLUDED in your ET. However, the total time it takes you to cross the finish line is ET + RT, which is what will determine a win. Your ET is your ET regardless of whether you red-light OR sleep at the light.

nice slip :lol: :lol: awesome times… i was looking at a TT in calgary…the one that nissanz32 posted awhile back…white one '96… anyway havnet seen it yet, but supposed to be mint
but after seeing that slip i really really want that TT…soo fast :twisted:

At the track Friday for secret street really thinking I might have a crack at the 12’s due to the nice cool weather. I sure was making alot more horsepower, so much so that I couldn’t keep it stuck up through 3rd gear.1st and second were writeoffs with zero traction that kept me sideways on a few runs. In 3rd my clutch started to slip…DOH!

I haven’t had this happen yet and I think I am in the market for a new RPS kit and some Drag Radials! (Whoohoo 12’s at SCC if I can get this stuff sorted out before then)

Jay what size of BF’s are you running and are they enough?

Well, I finally got what I wanted. A timeslip in the 12’s.
http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/twinturbonet/12_9TimeSlip.jpg

There’s definately room for improvement. I was staring in awe at my 1/8 mile trapspeed. 87 mph is the highest its ever been. I’ve had higher 1/4 mile traps in the past when my 1/8 trap was only 83-84 mph, which leads me to believe I screwed up somewhere near the top end - maybe grinded my shift or something. On this run the 1/4 mile trap probably could’ve been in the ~109-110 ballpark had everything been smooth.

I actually got 6 runs yesterday, but only have timeslips for 4 of them. The first run of the day the timing equipment screwed up so the first run was a waste for everyone. The other lost run for me was when my car moved slightly while I was staged and I redlighted before the tree dropped, and I sat there for a couple seconds not sure what to do, and then went… my timeslip was blank on that run. Of the 6 runs I red-lighted on three of them yesterday. D’oh! I told you I can’t drive!! :lol:

Very impressive. On that time slip, what car was #5133, the guy you were racing?

The other car was one of those all-out not-so street legal muscle cars… fairly non-descript, I can’t tell some of the old-school domestics apart (they all look the same to me… hehe). Anyway, this car had a monster hood scoop, a lumpy cam idle, massive slicks, flames down the side, and he did one of those really loud 2-minute burnouts (exagerating). He was probably quite surprised to see me keep up with him all the way down the track. :lol:

Ummmmm, unless I"m stupid, I see that you red lighted that one, with a -0.313… wouldn’t that slide you back into the 13.2 ranges??? I don’t want to burst your bubble if its so, but I thought I might point it out. Otherwise, that’s looking great Jason. Congrats.

Couple things:

• red-lighting will disqualify you in competition because its technically a false start compared to your fellow competitor, but has absolutely nothing to do with your actual time. Your ET is still the “elapsed time” from when your tires cross the light beam at the beginning until you cross the beam at the end of the track, irrespective of the tree. ET is not the time the light drops to green until you cross the finish. ie. Its still a 12.9 whether I went on the first amber, or if I sat there for two minutes before going.

Couple things:

• red-lighting will disqualify you in competition because its technically a false start compared to your fellow competitor, but has absolutely nothing to do with your actual time. Your ET is still the “elapsed time” from when your tires cross the light beam at the beginning until you cross the beam at the end of the track, irrespective of the tree. ET is not the time the light drops to green until you cross the finish. ie. Its still a 12.9 whether I went on the first amber, or if I sat there for two minutes before going.[/quote]

Gotcha. My bad. Learn something new everyday I guess. Thanks, and sorry.

:evil: Ya Ya whatever!

Kickass …that’s awsome! Felt good to see that slip I bet!

So in other words that would have meant you would have had a perfect reaction time in order to get the 12.988?

No. I ran the ET exactly as stated on the time slip. The reaction time has absolutely nothing to do with the elapsed time.

The tree and the 0.500 second delay from the last amber to the green exists to give the racers a starting point and common reference point. Like Olympic 400m dash, if you leave before the gunshot you’re disqualified (they don’t want competitors false starting).

Here’s where the tree comes into play:
Example One:
Take two cars that can run 12.8 ETs. One guy (car A) cuts a +0.100 second light. The other guy (car B) leaves +0.300 seconds after the light. Neither cars in this case red-light, they both left after the green (with a RT of 0.000 being perfect). Let say they both nail a 12.800 second run. Car A would win because he would cross the finish line first (12.800 + 0.100). Car B would be 0.200 seconds behind (12.800 + 0.300) crossing the finish line. They both ran a 12.8 but one car finished first because the other car took 0.2 extra seconds reaction time at the start. In this example, Car A wins even though they both ran a 12.8s. This only matters in a “competition” though.

Example Two:
In the case of my slip, I ran a 12.9 and the other guy ran a 12.6 but both our cars ended up crossing the line at the same time because I left 0.3 seconds early. Get it?? Nobody wins and nobody loses because we both redlighted and it wasn’t even competition, it was just time trials. I ran a 12.9 and the other guy ran a 12.6. End of story.

The ET is AS STATED on the slip, the actual elapsed time from crossing the starting beam to crossing the finish line beam, irrespective of the tree. The reaction time is NOT INCLUDED in your ET. However, the total time it takes you to cross the finish line is ET + RT, which is what will determine a win. Your ET is your ET regardless of whether you red-light OR sleep at the light.