Sunset Dragstrips FLD This Saturday

Anyone planning on going up to Mercer this weekend???

i’ve been there just about every weekend this summer, but i’m going down to get the car dyno’d this saturday. i’ll be there sunday for sure though, it takes me less than 10 minutes to get there from my place.

oh yeah, if you get the left lane, be careful when you’re slowing down, it gets bumpy as hell right when it’s time to hit the brakes.

were the fuck is mercer?

You live in Harmer and dont know where Mercer is?

Just North on Rt. 79, past Grove city

Mercer is up 79, past Grove City

http://local.google.com/local?f=q&hl=en&q=charleston+rd,+mercer,+PA&ie=UTF8&z=13&ll=41.222826,-80.398293&spn=0.092834,0.215607&om=1&iwloc=A

just go about a little over a mile north on charleston rd, past lamor and it’s on the left

i live in harmAr, and now i know where that is, just didnt dawn on me it was past grove city, b/c thats so close to me :rolleyes:

So are you going to be there then???

should be a good time. the owner is an older guy that is all about just having fun and racing so they move cars pretty fast through there. it’s just so small. it’s definitely going to be overcrowded. i don’t think i’m going to be able to make it to the dyno day because my daughter is sick as hell so i might try and go to the fld since it’s just a few minutes from my place.

idk, already signed up for the dyno day

well, since the kid’s sick and i’m not gonna leave her to drive all the way down to HD, if anyone’s coming up and wants to come up friday, they could probably crash at my place. i have the couch and a big ass chair/ottoman thing that you can easily sleep on(done it many times) that would be open. the track opens at 10am i believe so we could go get all fuckered up friday night and just head over in the morning or something. you’ll just have to put up with my sick daughter waking up a few times through the night.
unless you’re a huge douchebag fuckhead and then just forget about it, you’re not welcome here.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

hahaha

Bumping on old thread…was searching for “Sunset Dragstrip”. Is this Sunset Dragstrip place still open? Can’t find much on it online.

yeah dumbass… it’s only 70 miles from your house :hsugh:

Dumbass it is indeed 70 miles :rofl:

it’ll probably be opening up next month.

Yes, it’s still open. Alex (the owner) will be back from Florida in a couple of weeks and will probably reopen shortly after that. Believe it or not they actually have their own website

www.sunsetdragstrip.com

Hopefully we can get the FLD’s there too. I’m doing my best. It’s a great family friendly location with nice pit areas.

That’s awesome! Nice to have a PRP alternative even if it is only 1/8 mile. I will be there a few times this year.

Hope to see you there! Yes, it’s only an 1/8th but it’s a great place to practice your launches, shifts and there’s always a gamblers race at the end of the day. Nice family friendly atmosphere and grass and asphalt beats laying in gravel to work on your car…