SUPER rare mad tight 79' JDM Civic

Last night my 83 civic front knuckles arrived! now i just need to pull the hubs from them and i can swap them on my 1st gen wagon knuckles for front 4x100 conversion

so how long has Honda been doing the philips head screw thing with the rotors?

Since 80 I believe. It’s not on the first gen, only the second gen

Those only hold the rotor while the wheel is off. When installed, the wheel and studs hold the rotor also.

And the plaid might just work on this car lol.

raawwr you shop at dicks…

damn i hope you change your mind…for the cars sake.

burrberry should be left for womens pocket books. just my opnion tho. the hipsters will like it tho

to each his own. i’ve got a lot to do until paint, i’ll probably change my mind a few times

Yup. My RSX had these too. Had to bring it to ASS to get them out because an impact driver was having no luck. They ended up having to grind the head of the screws off to free the rotors. Needless to say screws did not go back in with the new rotors lol.

i use one of those impact screwdrivers. you smack the screwdriver with a hammer and it losens them up no problem

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/jacobennis/impactscrewdriver.jpg

Yup. I tried using one if them first. So did ASS in the end grinding the head off was the most time conscious option to go with lol. It was still the original rotors on the car. Apparently 9 yrs of north east winters combined with the heat from the rotors really stuck them in there lol.

Those things rule. Have helped me out quite a few times with rotors.

worse case scenario is to drill them out. takes like 30 secs. no need to bring it to a shop for that.

I had to drill those screws out of my Elantra when I changed the rotors. They wouldnt come out and the car was only 3 years old with around 60k. I also had to beat the fuck out of the rotors with a sledge hammer to get them off.

I got one side out on my mom’s Santa Fe and had to drill the other one.

It’s a Christmas miracle! I was told these would take 8-12 weeks.

getting the junker hauled away tomorrow. very pumped to get the space back inside my garage and that menas i can start working on the 79 more, getting it on some jack stands and doing the 4x100 swap and poly bushings, powdercoating everything on the underside, strippind down the interrior etc

freakin sweet! love to hear and see progress on this. keep it up.

Glad to have this out of my garage, and the space back

I’m sure you’ve heard this before, but you have a pretty friggen sweet garage!

Thanks!

if the screw is fucked up and doesnt come out, a few wacks with the sledge and they break right off lol