Supercharged Ranger

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Rangerforums-40-ford_11714.htm

My dad was thinking about getting me one as a better winter vehicle, so naturally I started poking around to see how I could make it faster. This has the potential to be pretty sweet if I could pick up one that was a 5spd and 4WD

is there a mustang engine in this or another V8?

nah it’s the stock 4.0L motor

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/4_0_Page.html

The kit uses an Eaton M90 supercharger off a T-bird

pretty nifty, but with a supercharger and a lift kit combination, I want to see that thing airborne

Ah. I worded that question wrong. I meant does the car come with a mustang engine in it. I guess not.

A 4.0L…V6? Sorry for my Ford n00b status.

yea Its a 4.0L V6, Its like the high output someshit or other. Dads got a ranger with the same engine

yea V6. I don’t really follow Ford stuff either, haha. My dad was just thinking about getting me one and making me get rid of the miata because it’s not good in the winter (bullshit) so I started researching what I could do to make it faster

I would highly recommend NOT getting a ranger. They suck on gas mileage, maintenance and the issues with them breaking down is INSANE.

yea I’ve heard they’re pretty bad, plus the clutches are annoying as FUCK in all the ones I’ve driven. I’d rather get a chevy imho, but my dad’s paying for it so I may not have that much say :frowning:

It doesn’t look that fast

imho I would pick a chevy truck over a ford ranger. Not to mention I can’t realistically tow my car on a trailer with the ranger. Although I’ve done it lol

same, my friend towed my miata behind his ranger once and it seemed like it was struggling with even that, lmao.

I think Redline Motorsports had a 03-04 SVT Cobra motor swapped into a Ford Ranger at one point…Not 100% sure though

EDIT: Just watched the video, 1.) looks slow as shit 2.) what a retard for doing that in a parking lot and having to stomp on the brakes and 3.) i wished he tipped over.

that would make the same amount of sense as putting an ITR engine into a CRV or passport.

might be quicker, but still handles like crap

thats some PR drivign

Yes to everything you just said.

:gay:mamoru::gay:mamoru::gay