Suspension and me, and possibly you

So i got these KYB AGXs and these springs sitting here, and I’m kinda a n00b to the whole DIY thing…

anyone want some beer and wanna help me with the install?

I’ll wrench, I just need someone telling me what to do.

PM me or AIM me for the celly

When were you looking to do this?? I could swing by and give you a few pointers.

ill give ya a hand, i work till 5 today but can come over after, pm with liek addy er sumthin, do u have new strut tops also? if you dont youll need to go to autozone and rent spring compressors to get the mounts off the stock joints
-andy

You probably will only need the spring compressor for the disasembly. The new shorty springs should not need to be compressed.

If you want to try it…
BEFORE raising the car undo the top nut and then top strut mount. Then CAREFULLY raise the car. Everything should fall apart.

GL on the install :tup:

i know nothing about coils and struts. if you need help with leafs and shocks give me a call. good luck though howie.

pretty easy to do if you unbolt shock/spring assembly from car, rent those spring compressors from autozone, and have an impact gun should only take a couple hrs good luck

It’s not hard… even a moron like me can do it.

The most important thing, is to remember to compress the spring equally on both sides, and make sure the locking pins are secured.

EDIT: Howie if you were doing this shit on my days off, I could have lent you my spring compressers and saved you the hassle of renting them.

Do you need help, or are you done? I can help tomorrow… but well I know it’s kinda late tonight.

Oh yeah, don’t overtourque the strut bolt, they may snap off.

WTF… Why did I get a - for my post? I was offering help… I dunno if he’s done…

I hate you

That’s just down right mean. And I don’t think that he over torqued it either. But… you might want to check with KYB this time Howie and see if their torque specs are different than stock… just as a precausion this time.

But don’t worry, now that we’ve done both the fronts, doing one should be an extremely quick job when you get the new strut. Just give me a call Monday morning (I’ve gotta be home by 1:30 though at the latest)