Suspension help... is this normal?

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=260492&postid=2751095

Hey guys just installed coilovers (tanabe) with factory upper mounts (that tanabe said i could use) on my car and i got the same problem as above. Anyone else have this? That big washer (in the second pic) just moves around freely in the second pic and is clunking around. This can’t be normal?

Would putting a stack of washers in there be fine? do i have any other solutions? or is something wrong here and needs to be changed.

Thanks for the help

wow thats very wrong if u ask me , lol are they even for the car. if they are somethings missing.

Yup something has to be missing heh i’m pretty sure they are for the car they mounted just fine and ride very nice imo. Car is grounded till i fix that thing clunking around tho. Could it be an issue with using factory mounts as opposed to the “optional” ones they offer?

yea im pritty sure it is because the top of the strut are smaller where the thread is so the whole strut doesnt pass through the mount. are u sure u didnt drop something or forget to put maybe a bushing or something.

I just went through this… didnt put in coilovers but kyb struts like this guy… all it was was that i forget to switch the bump stop and the little boot from the stock struts onto new struts… they sit on a little shoulder right underneath the threads… which takes up the free play that you see… take everything off the stock struts and transfer it… shouldnt be an issue if you do that?

Im pretty sure your missing a little rubber guy that goes on the shaft and not your penis. I had this same thing when i put ghetto sleeve coils and i just had to put the rubber on…it was a damn shame they had to come apart again. Hope this helps bro, and the rubber goes on the shaft before it goes threw the strut tower. I may have some rubbers off my stock shocks if need be just msg me

hicas rear shocks vs non hicas rear shocks?
i believe non hicas rear shocks has a longer rubber bushings then the hicas version
that happened to me w/ my AGX
i just went to home depot and bought a bunch of big washer s to fill the gap, drives fine now…