suspicious?

sorry guys…anyone that’s quoted me…please get rid of that.

and so you guys do know, these are good guys to deal with, and i just didn’t understand the importing aspects, and things to be dealt with during importing a car.

I’d tell him to go eat it, but that’s my opinion. :ninja:

That all depends on how much he wants for it, its condition, mods etc.

If you can live with the possible downsides buy it, if you can’t don’t. Z32s weren’t cheap to buy when new, so make sure you’ve got deep pockets to begin with.

Seems shady, get it fully inspected by a pro.

as far as the 5000km, seems like he wanted to have some fun in the car 1st

also think it’s your responsiblilty to let us know who your buying it from, we are here to protect each other (my opinion anyways)

2 options

#1 whats the worse thing that could happen if you buy it? $$$$
#2 whats the worse thing that could happen if you don’t? 800$?

My advice would be to hold out for a well cared for Canadian spec (or even US) LHD Z32 (with a known history). It may cost you more up front, but could end up costing you way less over the long run.

Low mileage isn’t a guarantee of a solid car either. A 15 year old car with only 75K on it means that it’s made a lot of short trips - which are really bad on the components of a car. Lots of cold starts, 5 mile trips, etc, means a lot more engine wear than you might think. That’s why some “grandma cars” advertised in the newspapers aren’t always the deals they are supposed to be.

In any event, I’d either ask the guy for a discount AFTER he puts a new bumper on it for the discrepancies, or tell him to keep his car. And yes, like suggested above, make sure you get it inspected before you buy it. Best $85 you’ll ever spend.

I’m also curious to know what company this was…

the car was inspected at the nissan on shawnessy yesterday.

Wow that’s a lot of things wrong… estimated I think it’ll prolly cost u around 1200 with labor to fix all that… only to drive a rhd car? u can prolly get a mint cond z32 NA from the us from that price… maybe 4-5 K more for a mint TT and remember mods don’t add any value to the car… ppl just look at that and assume it’s been raced…

Sounds like somebody drove the shit outta this car!! I agree with everyone man to buy one here!! Sounds like you might buy yourself into a money pit with that car!!

In case you’re interested, Christian from Import Concern just bought 2 more Z32s for import and they should be selling for less than this car. Both are in good shape with similar mods. They aren’t posted up on the site yet, but if you email them I’m sure you could find out some more details.

on a side note…just got back from bermuda shorts day at the roadhouse…kicked lots of ass :drinkers: :smiley:

there has been problems in shipping lately as for timeliness of reciving cars and in the past depending on which trucking company you use to get it from the port to town there could be some bumper damage and other stuff if you arent careful who you go through …its all to do with experience.

Actually to be quite honest with you people. Its a 15 year old car, why should it be perfect. The tie rod ends have a little wear, they are made of rubber, rubber wears out! I had the car fully inspected I was willing to pay for all the maintenance on the car before we sold it(Parts total 239 including gst from nissan)not 1200. Sorry there was 5000 kms on the car, but im sure you would rather me drive the car and make sure it is road worthy and the engine is ok before I turn it over to you. Sure you can buy a car from import concern, but there cars are not inspected and you get what you pay for. As for me not telling you the truth Jason, we held the car for much longer than expected with no reply from you.The other reason the car was driven here is because im leaving soon and I would rather deal with you face to face as opposed to having someone else deal with the car, and you never gave us enough time to ship it to you before I left. It is not my fault the bumper (lower part) got broken, and no we were not notified of the damage! I took it into my posession and had a new front end put of from nissan. we never lied to you, I was honest at every point of the transaction. If i lied to you then you would not know any problems with the car.

And we did drop the price 1000 to cover the cost of the parts! What else am I supposed to do to meet your needs?

For the sake of the customer and the company please take anything further to private messages.

Tie rod ends are not made of rubber, thier boots are. “As for me not telling you the truth Jason, we held the car for much longer than expected with no reply from you” no excuse for for not being honest. You didn’t have a buyer that’s why you held out. Good luck with your business. We are always looking for reputable dealers, I hope you earn a better reputation in the future. Phone or PM jason if you have further business with him.

Each side has a different story, so please settle this difference in person or through the pm system like Death said.

A ROUND trip driving from Edmonton to Victoria (via Ferry to Nanimo) and back is only ~ 3600km. Just thought I’d offer that little nugget.

sorry again guys…this company is good to deal with. they get it inspected, they fix things, and they honor your requests no matter how crazy they are. i just didn’t understand aspects of importing a car as well as i figured i did…it was just a mis-communication or mis-understanding between me and matt.

as for the inspection, i knew some things were going to be wrong…it is a 15 year old car. and they were willing to fix everything for me…i never complained about that.

i just figured that they were hiding/lying to me about things, that they really didn’t know in the first place. so really…they weren’t hiding or lying about anything, because they had no idea, until they saw the car themselves.

my bad everyone…don’t spread a bad word about this company, because they are actually a good company.