SUV and a Great deal, whos got it?

So my parents are looking to get a new SUV with all the great deals that are going on.

clearly everyone is giving great deals but trying to find the best.

1. who makes a very good reliable SUV these days

2. what is the best deal that is out there right now for buying a new car/SUV

3. what are dealers doing about trade ins? obviously with how the economy is going, less people are buying cars. are they giving less for the trade-ins or still pretty much what you should get for it threw a dealer?

what kind of SUV? something with actual utility or some unibody crap that’s just a family sedan with a different body and a few more inches of clearance?

Pre owned X5’s are like 15-20K theses days

like a trailblazer, explorer, 4runner, not a suburban or some big ass fucking truck. regular sized suv, no cross overs. my dad hates his cx7

and new

you can get killer deals on trailblazers and explorers right now. You might even be able to find an 08 for super cheap. I can only speak for GM but they’re giving $3000 bonus cash and $1000 loyalty if anyone in your household has a GM, or $8250 on '08’s, on top of whatever deal you can cut with the dealer. Not sure about trade-ins, they’re always rape so i don’t imagine now will be any different.

GM will probably have the best deals… saab is doing some crazy stuff and they have a rebadged trailblazer that’s not selling well…

4runners have $3000 rebates, and 0% financing. :gotme:

my parents have a fully loaded 2004 i think, impala. id love to get rid of my malibu and take that car of there hands! then have them get there truck.

my gf said something about a buy one get one free deal, then when i talked to someone else they said it was in the south where they are doing something like that? if so where? lol id rather drive to bumfuck nowhere and get 2 cars for either the price of one, or price of one and ahalf if thats the deal! lol

i do like the new 4runners, but how good a quality are they. i know the quality of toyota has been going down, or at least thats what i have been hearing.

:rofl:

i’ve also hear Ford say that they are on par with Honda and Toyota.

:picard:

You’ll still get a lot better deal on an American SUV. I get the feeling the 4runner will be “here’s sticker, subtract the $3000 rebate, and here’s your price, take it or leave it.” Whereas GM will be “here’s sticker, take off the rebates, now here’s your starting point to make your deal.”

Yeah but have you seen what used trailblazers are going for compared to used 4runners?

Are we talking about women’s SUV’s or men’s?

Word. I can go buy 08 Trailblazers at the auction now for $9,000.

Trailblazer’s are GARBAGE. Probably the worst SUV GM has come out with, EVER. It rides like absolute dogshit.

SS’s have a much better power plant though, so I’d probably rock one.

Not true, I imagine that anyone trying to dump an 08 4Runner off would start at Invoice and deduct the rebate. You’re looking at about $7,000 off if you combine both.

There is 4 newer ford vehicles in my driveway not a hiccup in one. I am looking at new explorers. Going tonight to work some shit out.

maybe they want to tow shit

Yea and every dealer that has 1 is giving it away, I hate em because there is no room inside i feel huge in that dam thing, ford exploders are ok, im for a 4 runner, or used x5.

I’ve never felt safe in a Trailblazer. The ride is too cushy and the steering is completely unresponsive. It literally floats down the road. Not to mention, the build quality is sub par and unless you put a 50% or more down payment on one, you’ll always be upside down.

Nice, good to see they’re finally being reasonable. Any time I’ve ever went to a Honda or Toyota dealer with a friend it was always “Pay sticker minus any factory incentives or fuck you.”

And I can’t speak for regular Trailblazers but I don’t have those problems in the SS.