SUV Suggestions

Any suggestions for an SUV with a third row? Gas is staying over $3.00 a gallon, what better time to buy a 5000 lb vehicle? My wife made the argument that we always seem to rent something several times a year for trips, so the price for the rentals almost makes up the difference in gas compared to the GP. Of course there’s higher insurance, etc, but regardless we’re probably going to get one.

Maybe a GMC Yukon XL or Denali. It’s just so freakin’ huge, but how else can you fit a third row that’s useable and still have some cargo room? Haven’t really researched all the makes and models yet. Trying to keep it under $35K, so obviously used is likely. Wright has a good number of 05’s, several with <30K miles on them. :coughhookupfromChad?cough: :slight_smile:

I just don’t like the feel and handling of SUVs. Is it possible to lower them an inch or two without having tire clearance issues. I could care less about a lot of ground clearance since it will probably only see 6 inches of snow max, and no off road.

Denali with the 6.0… mmmm. 12 mpg… not so mmmm. I suggested a cam swap and headers for it. My wife said, “Let’s actually buy one before you break it.” Ouch.

buy my suburban!

let me know Jeff, i can get you a good deal im sure. but if fuel is something you are looking for, maybe getting a 07 with the flexfuel may be a better “long-term” option.

but as for something with 3rd row, id say a yukon would be the best bet. or a pathfinder. which we have also.

If you’re looking in that price range, those new highlanders are around there and you can get them with third row. Gas mileage is pretty good too. Rated 17/23 for 4x4 models.

You should be able to do a drop on a Denali and make it handle better without any clearance issues.

Get a diesel Excursion. 3 rows of seats and enough torque to pull down a small building.

get an SUV then retrofit this bad boy in it. http://www.greasecar.com/products.cfm

How about a short bus?

:bigthumb: gets my vote

minivan???

:smiley:

also, durango with the lifetime powertrain warrenty?

Actually a minivan would fit our needs too since I don’t really need to tow anything. I just don’t know if I could do it. My hand might not be able to form the letters to sign the paper work.

well whatever you’re planning, let me know. if you do decide to go new, i have a sales guy i send everyone to that takes care of people pretty good. if used, ill put you in contract directly with the used manager.

Just have the wife drive it.

minivan… shudders my vote goes to used yukon xl if you really have to have the third row. we’re looking into either a tahoe or trailblazer for next fall.

Honda Pilot

let me know.

repost. i’m pretty sure you made this same post a yr or so ago.

them new town & countrys are nice minivans. my neighbors just picked one up. my parents have an 03 mountaineer with a 3rd seat that my fat ass actually fits into. as for suvs with 3rd row, i like the jeep commander.

I drove a Yukon XL once and it wasn’t too bad, although I’ve never driven a suburban or anything else.
My only memory with a suburban is getting in then back out 20 feet down the road when it broke down for a few.

the new yukons are really nice to drive

GMC Acadia