Suzuki SX4 Crossover AWD (my wife finaced one)

Definitely not brag thread, the thing is kinda a terd (fagmobile). I tried to convince her that a high mileage Sentra with factory LSD was the way to go but she wasn’t having it (something about I drive shitty, noisy, beat cars).

Long and short of it; they caught my eye when they came out in 2007, she thinks it’s cuter than an Impreza. Quickly read through a couple hundred sx4 forum threads and I determined it “reliable enough”. Marketplace in Rochester had the only stick around, I drove it for 5 minutes, and yep, nothing special. She didn’t test drive it at all. Their price was a couple grand below MSRP and they wouldn’t budge any more. So we left.

Got back home and we weren’t going to find anything cheaper, and we couldn’t really leverage dealers against each other, so said screw it waited for the follow up call. They still wouldn’t budge, but we were already o.k. with that.

2011, Base, Vivid Red, 0% rate, 18 miles on the ODO, and my only stipulation in the whole matter was must be 6 speed.

Driving position is a little tall, handles like a soft economy car with an additional 1.4" lift, weight is masked by short gearing. Tried to get in a few 3rd & 4th gear pulls for that extra special engine break-in bull crap.

Now I have to patiently wait for snow so maybe I can do something remotely fun with the car.

This is the AWD system, some overly gimmicky electronic wet clutch that would probably be better replaced by a mechanical unit.

Glad this thread has a proper amount of self-loathing undertones. :tup:

Cliffs:

Here’s our new car that I don’t really like. :slight_smile:

Also, at some point you will autocross this thing, have fun chucking the little bugger around with reckless abandon and actually grow to like it a little. That’s what happened when my wife owned that awful Geo Prizm.

I can have fun in pretty much anything at auto-X, this would be really fun at rally-X.

These can fit up to 245 wide tires, but I doubt will make enough power to make good use out of AWD in the dry. On the flip side there are 2" lift kits and people running taller light truck tires hitting up trails.

My plan is to leave it alone, stay stock, let my wife drive it for 6 years and enjoy all the reliability and quietness of a new car. Then I’ll have to take it for a “thorough test drive” to make sure no issues pop up before the warranty expires.