Synapse goes to Monticello

After a long season of World-Challenge racing the Synapse crew took the day off work to attend a track day. Thanks to Ryan and Greg for snapping some great pics.

Also a thumbs up to the SCCA members in the Mo Hud region for putting together a great event. They run a fun, safe, informative and organized event. I would highly recommend to anyone interested in driving on the track to attend one of their events.

Role reversal. Synapse driver Brett changing tires.

Subaru pointing me by thank you!

Doms CRX tuned down to 280 wheel.

MK6 getting ready for a session.

Morgan hooking the Ipod up to the chatterbox.

Paul got signed off or had a really short instructor.

Alex brought his evil e30 out for the day. 15 minutes in this car had me feeling pretty green.

Morgan in the TSX.

Hammering down into turn 4.

Tom’s rocco.

Brett in his E46 M3.

good to see cossey made it on trap seeing his tie rod issues

Looks like a blast. How was Dom’s car out on the track?

nice to see you using the GTi man… looks like a blast

I am in love with mark 6 gti’s! As well as Morgans fathers Aston!

I was quite happy with the GTI on the track. This was my first time on the track but the car seemed to handle, go and especially brake quite well for bone stock. I did upgrade the front pads to Hawk HPS but neglected to do the rear. The stock pads wore to metal on metal and then the anti squeal pad on the backing proceeded to combust during the last session.

Nice track! Anyone have a link for meet dates? I would be interested in seeing the schedule for next season.

Nismo- No chance of going next year unless you get an MMC membership… Starts at $25k for “initiation” plus so much for yearly dues. You only get like, 14 days for that too. MMC is not renting out to clubs next year unfortunately.

Brian- If you plan on doing more events, definitely get a set of track dedicated pads. I am using Carbotech XP8’s on track, and love them so far, but I need to replace them soon and might move up to the XP10’s. My very first day on track (LRP) I was using a street pad (Hawk Perf. Ceramic) and was fucked by the last session. Way too much fade, hence me moving to a track-only pad.

Also, who was the one snapping a picture or two of my girlfriend while she was taking pics of cars on track?

JClark checking out Cossey’s package

As Cossey said, we won’t be going back to Monticello next year due to them not renting the track out to club anymore. We will probably be discussing the possibility of having more SCCA events at the next monthly meeting and depending on the outcome of that we will have a schedule up for next year sometime in Q1 2011. As of right now Patroon BMWCCA will be doing a schedule similar to this year (Spring Lime Rock, June Watkins Glen, July Calabogie, Fall Lime Rock)

man that looked like a sick event, i couldn’t go but my buddy went, sadly his car ended up back at my house on the trailer :frowning:

At some point i need to do this. Looks like it was a perfect day guys.

lol - he is not allowed to that again… putting the the lugs on backwards :retardclap

my car did great, i did have some problems keeping it cool during the 3rd and 4th sessions where it was 80 degrees or more outside. i also had some brake fade after 3-4 hot laps, i think that had something to do with the fact that im still running a prop valve for drums in the rear and i now have disks. but those few things aside my instructor did compliment me on how well my car was setup

So hard to find track time… This is what I built my car for to… Ahh well I digress. lol

You’re nuts. Track time is stupid easy to find. Go to the auto section on here, then race day. One of the stickies is a schedule.
Shit, this weekend I was at Monticello on Friday then went straight to Watkins Glen. I’ve done about eight days this year (including days where car could not get on track) and still have more to go.

So apparently you have never actually tried to look for an HPDE/PDX/Time Trial/Drivers School because as Cossey said, there are tons of clubs renting out tracks every day. You are only limited by your budget.

I spot the red subby in front of the teal camaro. Yea, that cost me 8 hours of annual leave and 6 hours of my life. LOL. Knock, knock…
I hear he has the funds already, though!

This season I only looked into one track event and it fell on one of my IJSBA race stop dates in Rochester! This year my skis were my priority. Next year I hope to track the car. I think I will be taking next season off from the Toyota Cup Tour.