Tacos and Coronas...tonight?

If anyone else is sick of everyone being offended over the smallest things, if you tire of political correctness and the associated BS, and if anyone else wants to support a business with a sense of humor…I’m game!

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/paper-trail/2008/3/3/pitt-bar-catches-flak-over-racially-insensitive-drink-and-food-special.html

A bar on the University of Pittsburgh campus has come under fire after referring to one of its midweek specials as “WetBack Wednesdays,” the Pitt News reports. The advertisement, which features cheap tacos and Mexican beer, has prompted a small group of students to boycott the establishment until the sign comes down. “It’s the equivalent of saying the n-word night with fried chicken,” one of the most vocal critics told the News.

mmmm…what bar is that?

i think “wetback” is kind of fucked up.

i’m not going to protest or anything, but i’m not going to give them my money either.

besides, taco tuesday at lava lounge is enough for me.

I don’t think it’s a good idea, and I would never use it to advertise.

However, being half Italian…I would eat pizza and drink Wine at Daigo days, or WOP Wednesday and never feel even slightly offended.

I only feel the need to support the place in their actions because of all the weeny fags who are trying to make them out to be evil. They should boycott their friends who buy and sell drugs if they are so morally high and mighty.

http://media.www.pittnews.com/media/storage/paper879/news/2008/02/29/News/Local.Bar.Special.Sparks.Debate-3243705.shtml

The Garage Door Saloon at the corner of Atwood and Sennott streets in Central Oakland has several signs advertising beer specials outside its door.

One reads: “Wetback Wednesdays, 5 Coronitas $7 9-11. 75 cent tacos all day.”

Barry’s Pub in Southside has Tacos and Coronas on Tuesdays

Shit, I wish someone could jog my memory of what that bar used to be called. I graduated in 05 and it was called something else and its bothering the hell out of me.

cumpies??

yep used to go there i only lived a block down the street on atwood.
used to be really good pizza in the deli

mmmm tacos

LOL I’m off next wednesday, I’m there…lol

Due for a taco night.

I remember it as The Decade. :hsugh:

That’s 'coz we’re old.

That must have been a decade ago!..

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

I wish it was only a decade. Graduated from Pitt in '96. :doh:

a decade ago it was cumpies lol but i know that :scared:
i started at pitt in '97