Taillight tint/front windows

k i have a black specv and i want to tint the tail lights so there black to match the car instead of the red.
i went to crappy tire and they didnt have any spray only some plastic covers.
a guy on the v board did his and it looks really good, he used a brand called VHT, its in a spray can and all you do is spray it on.
anyone heard of it, and know where i can get some. much appreciated.

Also im tinting my front windows, i was thinking 35% in the front(i have 17% in the back)but i want to go darker…
does anyone have their front ones tinted and get alot of trouble with the popo’s?

Ok… oh boy…
Your tails on the Spec V are already tinted from the factory. There is a spray I have some kicking around if you want it, but you will loose the glosy finish look from your tails. it looks nice in pics. You will also lose a little light from it though.

As for tint I had my fronts pretty dark on my 04 (r.i.p) and never had any problems from the cops about it. The only thing I really hated about it was the tunnel vision at night which was really anoying.

p.s. stop buying stuff!!! :E

I have 15% in the rear glass, and 35% all around. Dark enough to notice you have tint and fairly dark at night, but not so dark that the cops have ever given me an issue.

VHT works good but if you want to keep the gloss of the tial light caue the tint onthe out side kinda loks dull. crack the housing open and tint them on the inside. I did the out side of my CRX and it worked/ looks great :).

Go to jb’s they should have it where i got it.
Joel

i have like 15 percent tint on the rear windows and 20 on the fronts… pretty dark hahaa

VHT nightshades is the only aerosol tint you should buy. it doenst leave a satin finish.

Is there a legal limit to how dark u can tint ur windows? And on certain ones?

where can i find a shop that’ll install smoked windshields?

^^No tint in alberta on your front 3 windows and whatever you want for the rear.

for the lights, clear coat it after you spray. That should bring back someof the shine.

haha im just trying to get my car the way i want it! i have 17% on the back and i would like to get like 25-30 on the front but i dont want any tickets, i know its illegal but i see 300C and beamers with it and they still have it, so i dont know, im almost going to get 35 bc that a factory tint i think and its just enough so you shouldnt get pulled over.

also how much is that VHT tint?? im going to JB’s tomorrow to get some probably and im going to get my windows tinted next week at Malcoms tinting, 75$ for the front 2 windows(life time warreny) so yah, just deciding on how dark, i would love to have 17% in the front but im sure ill get a ticket so im trying to go as dark as i can and avoid cops.

http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=77341

that a link to a guy on the v board, he did that to his car what you think?

It’s so drak… IMO it’s not that nice