Taking dad to the hospital

Keep him in prayers, he’s having a hard time remembering anything and keeps asking the same questions all the time…i’m really worried…:frowning:

Good luck kurt,but all in all if it is only senility(sp) then his health is ok right?

I hope it ends up being nothing. Hang in there and good luck bud!

x2

coul be a brain infection or swelling or bleeding or just a form of amnesia…he’s very calm which isn’t normal at all. doesn’t appear to be a stroke as no other symptoms an its only affecting his very short term memory as in last night and this morning. waiting to get him in for an mri which is ironic since he’s the chief mri tech here haha. they keep asking him the general “do you have a problem with enclosed places” he’s like…want me to run it myself?

MRI shows normal brain function and not pointing towards any kind of a stroke. he’s more coherent now and is repeating things less. they might keep him overnight we’re not sure yet.

Hmmmmmmm…weird…did they give u ANY kind of diagnosis?

Wow that’s scary, I’ll keep him in my prayers! Good luck!!! :frowning:

I’ll keep him in my prayers! Good luck!!!

wow, hopefully he is ok

He was doing good when I left, He wasn’t as “aloof” as he was this morning, he’s remembering everything except about a half hours worth of time that he can’t remember anything about. The last thing he remembers doing is exercising and lifting a few weights then walking upstairs and that’s it. His short term memory is returning so he doesn’t ask the same question over and over.

The docs are saying it’s some kind of amnesia they see 3 or 4 cases a year on, it shows stroke like memory loss symptoms but nothing else and there are no long term effects of it. Meaning it’s not likely to lead to a stroke or lead to another episode. They dont’ know the factors behind what causes it but they know that it’s very temporary and doesn’t occur again with any kind of pattern.

I was so worried it was a stroke this morning

good luck man. hope all works out.

My grandma had a similar episode, sounds like the same diagnosis…pretty rare, basically harmless.

send my regards to your dad and mom. hope you and beth are keeping strong for her. best of luck man.