talon swaps

Holy shit dude. You need to stop posting and start reading. First step is to take what Tevenor says and regard it as gospel.

6-bolt engines have been known to handle 500+ hp using the stock internals. …

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT TO SWAP ???

I think you should do a JDM swap. They’re better.

I think this is a troll.

know i was doing some reading like u guys said and i heard of a 4g63 7 bolt engine whats the deal with this engine like is it tht much better than a 6 bolt

holy …

fucking …

::shakes head::

honestly i think your best bet is to sell the car and buy a first gen GSX, TSI, or GS-turbo…theres enough of them around and they’re not that expensive, save yourself the headache

there is no reason to swap a evo engine or any other engine into that car. with the money spent on a swap you could make it just as fast or even faster. i would first just get the tranny swap done and do ALOT of reading on the sites listed above. then deff invest in some jack stand and some some sort of pain meds cause these cars are a pain in the ass for a new dsmer. good luck you seem like you need it

dsm=driver-slash-mechanic!

well im not going to do a swap it is pretty dumb if you ask me i see no need for me to swap from wht i read on these dsm websites so im going to keep the stock tsi motor and just put a five speed in it and then do internal upgrades with the stock engine tht seems the best approach anyways thanks for the websites and all the info keep me posted thanks

5 speed swap almost isn’t worth it unless you have a lot of money into a shell (which i’m doubting you do) just keep it auto, do your homework on the car, and you’ll be surprised at what you can get out of just a little money/work. dsms are very rewarding cars if you take the right approach.

yeah but everyone keeps telling to put 5 speed in it because it would be th best thing for it i orginally wanted to do a five speed and been doing some reading and there are many aproaches i can take to make my car faster i just have to figure out whuch one to go with

. <— This is a period. It ends a thought in the form of a sentence. Baby JDM Jesus cries when you don’t use it. Be kind to Baby JDM Jesus. Use periods. They aren’t just to describe your girlfriend anymore!

On topic: Read. When you have read enough. Read some more. Then read it all once again. All this before you drop a time into the car or in 6 months you will be back here trying to sell it because it doesn’t run right and it cost too much to make fast.

if u are gonna drag it, keep the auto. build the tranny and buy a high stall torque converter. The autos come with a small 13g turbo (5spds have 14b). so upgrade it asap. also the intake cam is smaller on autos. buy a 5 speed one or go aftermarket. u need all the air u can get into that engine. one more thing is the auto injectors are only 390s, the 5 speeds are 450s. u definately need to upgrade those as well. check yer ecu and see if it is eprom. then it is easy to install dsm link or run keydiver chips.