talon swaps

Well i just got a 1992 eagle talon tsi awd automatic and i was jus wondering if anyone new the best way to get horsepower out this enigine and what upgrades i should start with because i just getting into the eagle any info let me know thnks.

i was just wondering if their are any good swaps for an eagle talon and if so can i put a jdm motor in and eagle talon and what would be best

Your best bet will be to go to the DSM specific boards - and start reading.
It sounds like a blow-off, but that’s really the best place to get info and maybe even get a little inspired.

Some good places to start:

http://members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q/
http://www.vfaq.com/index-main.html
http://www.dsmtuners.com

OMGWTFBBQ. It’s a turbocharged 4G63 motor… it’s a good engine. Sounds like you have a TON of reading to do. See my post in your other thread for links where you can start learning.

It sounds like the first question you need to answer for yourself is the what do you want to do about the transmission?

-Keep it and do modest mods to your car.
-Do a 5 speed swap first and mods later.
-You may find that you don’t want to do any mods and buy a 5 speed car.

if you like the auto it can be built! and if you like to drag race ide say thats the way to go!

For a good basic upgrade path look here…http://www.dsmtuners.com/sub.php?page=1gtupgrades

If you have the 420a (non-turbo) you can swap to the 4G63 (turbo), but by the time you are done it is cheaper to just buy a factory turbo model. You can also buy a JDM engine, but why bother when everything is pretty much the same. If you happen to get an Evo III engine, you get 510 or so injectors and an Evo III 16g. If you get the Galant engine, the only difference is the “Cyclone” intake manifold, which you can buy used for $50-$60.

:rofl: hahaha

yeah man… theres a reason they have been using the same engin for like 20 years (4g63t)

join up to wnydsm.org and we’ll set you in the right direction.

ok well what i orginally i wanted to do with the car was swap a five speed in it then do jdm swap but im not really sure what would be the best jdm enigine out because hybrid connection told me i can put a evo 3 engine in it but that is jus another 4 cyl i wanted to try something bigger and thanks for the help so far

Yes, do a 5-speed swap first.

your 2 more or less identical threads are now 1

without investing a ridiculous amount of money your not going to swap anything into the talon chasis. your best bet is to convert it to 5spd and then follow the basic upgrade path for dsms

Please please please get off the “JDM is better” thought process. It isn’t. The Evo3 engines are very rare to get and they only give you 560 injectors and a smallish 16g. Yeah its better than the 450 injectors and 14b in stock 1G Turbo 4G63’s but if you are gonna mod it, 560’s and a small 16 probably won’t be enough for you anyways. Most JDM 4G63’s are Galant VR4 engines which are identical to 1G 6-bolt US motors anyways. And no, don’t look for “larger” engines. The only real larger engine that makes sense to swap in is a 2.4 liter block. But those are tough to find, and don’t necessarily make more power than a 2.0 liter can.

The US 4G63 is a monster of a powerhouse considering its a 2 liter 4 cylinder engine. It’s not uncommon to find stock blocks running 350-400 hp on pump gas daily driven.

Before you touch a single nut, bolt or wire tie, read as much as you can. They have been around for 15years and the accumulated knowledge will keep you in reading material for weeks if not longer.

we said this ??? news to me. AFAIK we pointed out some differences thats it.

LS1 swap…it works for everything else

Before any mods you should invest in a set of jackstands and a jack…you’ll need em its a dsm.

the problem is like u said the evo 3 engine is a good engine in all but im looking for speed and what im wondering is if u can swap any other evo engines in a eagle talon because i would like to have a fgast talon to do some decent 400 runs with so i can be some competion for peolpe out there