Talon vs. ZX10r

Thought I’d share a vid of my 95’ talon with nyspeed. I just moved here to NY for college, and had to leave this talon back in CO. until i am done with school.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Outlaw-vs-Jackel_191608.htm

very nice. :tup:

Realll sick :tup:

cool vid! :tup:

i think we’d make a good run, your car screams. good shifting too

I wish I was able to bring this talon with me here to NY, but with school i don’t have the time to maintain it here. Really sucks cuz I’d love to get some runs in with the locals, I live for good races.

Instead I only have my 92 talon here in NY, which is probably a low 13sec car… it feels like i have started all over again.

Tell me about your car, I heart catfish

come on, school is for only what… 7months out of the year? :slight_smile:
What school are you going to?

i don’t think we have any e85 dealers around here… do u have a pumpgas tune?

lol, i hear ya. you going to UB? im finishing up in fall, finally. actually taking a summer class too after work. pointless. but i hear ya on not having time. i havent touched my car since last friday, and it needs some TLC.

basic rundown is its a 2001 camaro ss, electron blue, 408ci with some goods, S88 front mount setup that i built, still a T56, and has most of its creature comforts still. it’s been a monster on the street, but now im gearing towards getting it dialed in at the track (although i def have some work ahead of me). drive it anywhere from 725ish rwhp to well over 1000whp hopefully on the dyno.

It’s more than just time, I no longer have a garage full of tools and extra parts.

I do have a pump gas tune, but considering my motor is 10-1 comp ratio, i can’t run very much boost on pump. I built the car with E85 in mind. (colorado has E85 everywhere)

you’d probably drop like a second here though, lol.

were you near denver? a friend of a few of us moved there a year or so ago

Ahh so that’s your car! I saw that video awhile ago. Looks like a nice 2G you have there. Get that thing to NY!! I’ll help you work on it!!

Nah, I’m at The Culinary Institute of America here in hyde park.

Sounds mean, LS1’s kick ass! My brother is in the process of finishing up his 02 TA w/ 408ci, front mount gt47-88, built t-56. He is using the truck manifolds and building his own Y pipe. Is that what you have done?

sounds like the same thing essentially, lol. i assume he’s on ls1tech. what’s his name, i’ve probably seen the build before?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/TurboLS1ss/turbobuild1329.jpg

gt47-88 is a big turbo to fab in there. i opted for the S88 which the ex. housing is based off a gt42 series, but has the output of a gt47-88… gave me a little more freedom for placement

I was about an hour south of denver. I’m sure it get quite bit faster down here at sealevel, but I can’t say for sure with out running it down here. The only positive of not bringing it with me is that it will continue to be rust free.

assuming you would garage it, rust is not a problem at all. it isn’t that bad around here, lol. you would drop quite a bit. the guy i mentioned had a turbo cobalt at the time, and his times suffered a bit

I honestly don’t know his screen name on ls1tech, and i have no clue if he has started a build thread or not. I think he bought some special radiator so that he had room to fit the 47-88 but i really don’t know a whole lot about anything unless its 4g63. Even though i really like lsX based cars, i don’t know much about them (worked on a few, but only basic shit like clutch install & header install)

he probably had a griffen rad and moved it straight up and down… i did it; it’s pretty common for front mount setups

turbo ls1 ss, have you had an opportunity to take your car to the track? whats your best trap speed and ET?

went last fri i went for the first time in 2 years. shakedowns on this setup and lost of issues, including shitty driving :redface:

10.5@135 on the wastegate (11psi, and 138 was my high for the night)

i went 10.9@141 on the limiter 3 years ago on my old 76gts 364ci setup shakedowns. on the new one, i don’t see why it won’t do mid 150’s once i turn up the wick, but i want to get the car dialed in first. aiming for mid 9’s…

how about you?

Cool, wish i had my car here so we could play, would be fun. I don’t think you’ll have any problems getting mid 150’s once you get it sorted.

i dont think so either… im way out of the turbo’s efficiency right now. when i have it starting to work the thing a little, it’s a whole different level of retarded