Tattoo School

Anyone on here see this bullshit? :rofl

http://www.tattoosbylisa.net/

yeah they want to do a TLC show on it. Fuckin 2 weeks to become a tattoo artist. It’s no wonder there are so many horrible tattoo’s in this area…what a joke

^ agree 100%

A friend of mine actually went and let a student there do one of his tatoos, it actually came out great…

he decided to go for another one some time later… well that student did a terrible job…

look at the student tat page. there are a few decent ones. and some are just horrible!

some shitty ass artists in this area. Hense why I have to go to NYC.

i found 1 that i go to here. He did almost all of my wifes stuff, and he is awesome. They approached him and a bunch of other artists to come “instruct” at that school. He promptly told them to fuck off…:lol

I’ve had all my work done by him too, and I think McFlurry had some tats done by him as well.

Derek Zoolander’s Tattoo Learning Center For Kids Who Can’t Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too

I guess that goes for customers too, lol

http://www.tattoosbylisa.net/images/229_headchris.jpg

is that vanilla ice?

FWIW, I’ve tattooed before. I’m a perfectionist and I’m far too critical of myself to continue doing it… the fact is, if you’re dumb and not an artist you should never pick up a machine and try it. You need to have the ability. My cousin is what people would call a scratcher and that kid can lay down ink better than a lot of legit shops in the area. It takes a brain, not a 2 week course. LOL

My tattoo artist went to 4 year year school for drawing and painting . He got a scholarship right after highschool… guy does solid work .Pisses me off people that dont know half what they are doing . And are running a shitty buisness out of there home. Seen so many like test marks on peoples arms and just awful looking pieces.

Takes away so much from the soul and tradition of tattooing. Shit is a fucking joke. No one from that will be hired in any semi decent shop. Fucking bullshit.

The art of tattooing is about going somewhere and apprenticing under a legit tattoo artist. My artist Anthony Lawton had a guy, Jeff Raino under him like 3 years ago now Jeff works at All Star(Anthonys shop) and does some legit portrait work.

Dude it’s not even the people out of their homes, so many “legit” shops have busted ass tattoos coming out of them.

I have my work done at a shop in Poughkeepsie and they hand out flyers trying to get this show banned

This^^

So many studios are horrible. A good friend of mine has always been an artistic person. He does them out of his home and he is pretty much booked non stop. IMO he does some of the best work in my area.

I disagree that you have to go to NYC to get a good tattoo, both of my artists are local and I can tell you both of my tattoo’s look better than 80% of what’s printed in magazines…

With that being said, there are some great artists in NYC a couple of my friends go to Tim Kern…

My barber was telling me about this place, i guess he owns the building theyre doing the school in. They were getting all kinds of calls from hells angels ect threatening to burn the place down. I think the show aired on TLC friday evening.

that is true too .

To each his own, I have two artists. One is in CA, one is in NYC. I investigated for a long fucking time. It’s gonna be there forever.

Not saying these dudes don’t know there shit, just who I prefer.