Tax Bros (Who to Go To)

Usually I just TurboTax my shit, but this year it looks like I’m getting boned. I got married and bought a house and my tax return = poop. Who’s the guy/gal to go to for taxes.

Usually house plus marriage equals a big return

i can look it over quick if you want just to see if I see anything glaring.

That’s what I figured…

What deductions do you claim on your w4?

Still the same from when I wasn’t married. I should probably adjust that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I don’t know how you have issues turbotax is pretty straight forward for filing jointly after marriage

Your also able to claim all the interest paid on the house

No issues, it just seems like I should be getting more. I already am Filing married joint (tried separate as well) and claimed the interest paid.

so you itemized your deductions and punched in all the numbers off the forms from your mortgage company?

if you claim 0 on your w4, you will get the most back at the tax return time, the more deductions you claim (up to 8 or something), the less you will get back from (and potentially owe to) uncle sam.

so if your wife has it setup with a 1 or 2 (or you) that will affect your return

Indeed I did…two mortgage companies actually, since it got sold 2 months in.

yea that’s typical

I’m going to eg tax tomorrow. I’ll let you know. Wife wants to try something other than turbo tax this yr. I’m going to compare the 2

Once again haha…I can look it over if you want. For free. I’m a CPA

^Would appreciate it. What would you need from me? I have pretty much all my 1099s, W-2s, etc.

If SHOtome is offering, id take him up on it…

H&R, EG and JH are all rip offs compared to the software packages which are so thorough and dummy proof these days, anyone can do them. I wouldt be scared.

Either that or find a CPA who does them on the side.

EG is horrid! I’ve heard so many nightmares about them it’s sickening.

maybe so but that Esther Gulyas is one hot piece of ass

would smash… her hip.

Yep. Just shoot me everything. At the very least I can explain why the refund is less than last year or less than expected.

If you are actually in N. Buffalo you probably live close by me. If you want to stop over I’d compensate you for your time via beer or something. It’s up to you.