Tax Rebates- What are you gonna do?

it’s from the 2007 tax return, not 2006. I not getting it either.

I am confused. Year is 2008 and you filed for 2007 this year so they look at 2006?

2007 tax return is the one you just filed. It was actually filed in 2008, but contains only info from 2007… so it is considered the 2007 tax return. right? Now I’m getting confused.

edit: Everything on the site that cossey posted mentions the 2007 tax return, which is the return that you just filed.

My understanding is you arent getting it until May so they could determine the amount from your recently filed 07 return.

If you made over $71k I believe it is, you would not get the $600. If you made under a certain amount, you’d be getting $300. If you filed married, you’d get $1200. If you have dependants, you’d get I wanna say $300 or $600 for each kid if they qualify. If you are a depenedant, you get shit.

Correct. I thought they went back a year to last’s years taxes 2006 Tax Return to determine the amount? Or was it this year?

this year :frowning:

Yea, that fucked me hardcore. I wish they took cost of living into consideration.

that makes too much sense, of course they didn’t do it.

i would rather make more and not have got 600 dollars direct deposited into my account.

Yup. I’m getting a bag of shit from the government.

I agree 100%, but I feel for Shawn’s situation. You can make 70K a year around here and have a VERY nice living and enjoy your rebate check this month… but to have an equivalent living down where shawn lives you’d have to make about twice that (complete guess, shawn chime in here) and you wont qualify for the rebate.

yeaa, i wouldnt want to live anywhere that has a higher cost of living. My buddy moved down to arlington VA ( right south of DC) and his apartment is 800 sq ft and he pays 1400 a month :wow

We make in the MID/LOW 2XX range and we have an apartment and can barely afford the most entry level house.

$600 isn’t much but the fact that it’s based on income without cost of living is retarded. I think the point of where it starts reducing is like $70K. That in my area is poverty but in TN that’s like living like a King. Is that fair? No.

:gay

do you that are dependents actually think you should get a rebate check? :confused

just because I dont “need” it doesnt mean i dont want it

I know you want it, thats why I didn’t ask that… I used “should”

If you’re a dependant, go bug your parents for your rebate since it had their name on it. ;D

Shawn- My financial consultant friend has been hammering out the details on how to make the most out of cost of living disparity. As in you making 200k in NYC and when/how to move to TN and live like a king. He’s doing it for a guy in a similar situation and he’s going to come out better off than we expected. It can be done.

ha bug my parents for money, I wish they’d just give me money