Tax returns

as usual

neg rep

:shifty

Less than last year. Im getting back about $730 combined.

this is the first yr ive had to pay state in 6yrs!

Wtf is a tax return

Always plan to get more back at the end of the year…

:slight_smile:

I got a little more than last year, about $2.2k

Didnt have them done yet

Fuck taxes. I got owned pretty bad, but I expected it w/ the taxes on capital gains. FML. Nearly 1/3 of my income this year was paid to the US and NYS.

1/3 of my income gets taken every week lol. I haven’t filled my taxes yet but i’m hoping for around 1500 back.

last year my wife and I got around $3k. This year were only getting about $1500.

How can you say how much you got back vs last year without more details? It’s like meaningless information?

Ie: “Last year I got $5k this year I only got $3k this year! Sucks!”

That doesn’t mean anything if you don’t back it up with more information. This year I made the same amount of money and got back less. Or last year I bought a house and had a windfall or I was laid off for 6 months and didn’t know I had to pay taxes on all of that. Etc.

I made roughly~10% more than last year, I’m not sure why that meant I got back more, maybe it bumped me up a tax bracket? Or maybe my company just withheld more this year? dunno

I own my own business so I don’t get “refunds”. I get to put 30% of whatever I make into the hands of NYS and Fed. WEEEEEEEE

Good point, but this is Shift…

Please don’t ask us to do complicated things such as long division with remainders or provide basic information on our financials… Hehe :lol

you asshats do realize that the refund is dependent on what u claim. u can either get most of your money during the year and pay at the end or pay more during the year and get more at the end of the year. i have mine set up so i just about break even.

i got a letter from the state that i requested…“X amount” but they want “X amount” bullshit

THIS. However, it is easier for us to save money by having a decent refund at the end of the year- then we just stick it in our savings.

It also helps if you do a projection during the year to make sure you are having enough withholdings taken out, or spend an extra hour before you do your taxes to see exactly what credits are available for the year (Both Fed & State credits). Wayne made out very well because we did many improvements to the house that qualified for the energy tax credit ($1,500 max credit).

I claimed the same thing as last year, with the same company, made 10% more, and got a few hundred more in my return than last year, my state return was almost double what it was last year as well. Weird.

You must have bumped up in tax brackets with the extra income…