Taxes

Was that directed at me?

And I made 23k and change…like 23,600 iirc…so i get the full 6c’s?

wooooooo!

I can’t confirm the accuracy of these claims, they are the most common agreed upon terms though.

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

:rofl

But it makes sense, I’m pretty much what it’s targeted at amirite?

Low income, afraid to spend money…give them $600 and let em buy some video games, hamburgers, and gas, then the economy somehow flings itself out of the grasps of recession?

Brilliant!

Gotta love America

LOL @ getting excited over a $600 rebate. You realize you are getting that because “AMERICA! FUCK YEA” is in a recession?

my father told me he saw a poll somewhere, where only a third of the people that are getting the rebate check are actually going out and spending the money, seems pointless to me, we are still getting fucked on taxes anyways

$600 is $600 bruh

I should probably care about this whole recession thing, but I’m not entirely sure what that means…guess now’s a good a time as any to learn, care to point me to a good article explaining what is going on, why, and the outlook?

I know I’m a terrible American scum, but I like money :nod

yay! increase the deficit more… YAY! gimme gimme gimme

I will pretend this post doesn’t exist.

I looked into it further, and from what I’ve gathered people smarter than you and I made this decision, it’s worked before, why wouldn’t it work this time?

I cannot believe you just said Bush/Cheney and the Bush Administration is smarter than you and I.
I can’t believe you just lumped me with you after you just said that you didn’t know we were in a recession.
Now I know how DC2Nick and Travis feel. :frowning:

:confused

edit:

post edited, racist/ethnic post

I knew we were in a recession, you’d have to be living in my underwear to not know that.

What I meant was I didn’t know exactly WHY we were in a recession, or what a recession even was, by definition…had a basic idea, but now I know.

GWB’s focus hasn’t exactly been this country but saving us from all the dangerous people with 1950 arms technology.

I really HIGHLY doubt this was Bush’s idea, matter of fact I don’t think he has many outside of which combination of breakfast meats to consume every morning.

I’m saying this was a collective decision of people who know how to run a country a WHOLE lot better than you or I…I’m sure it’ll be at least play a role in reviving our economy, and maybe even give a shot in the arm of American Morale as a whole, shit our government’s giving us what we all live for basically, a nice chunk of change that we can blow on w/e we WANT, and not what we HAVE TO pay for (I’m only basing this statement on the brief thing’s I’ve read wanting US citizens to spend this money, not pay bills or save…).

In the very least it’ll put a smile on some faces this summer :rofl

But what happens next tax season? Is this just treated as taxable income?

Ever consider this was done purposely at election time? Yea, I am aware it’s other people but GWB refers to him and his administration.

dont take this personally but do you really feel that he is inferior? I did for a while until i really sat down and thought about it and well, not only is he intelligent hes a fucking genious. He fooled all of the US into going to war in the middle east, this raised our oil prices as we sadly notice every day. Now as we all know gwb has lots of investment and ties in oil, so by going to war he’s secured himself, his children, and probably his childrens children financially. I have to give him credit for that one, thats pretty god damn good.

He barely made it out of Yale and he talks like he has a GED. I think Cheney has to take a lot of credit too.

haha i will give you that he has some terrible speaking skills :lol

I was waiting until Shawn would turn this into a GWB bashing festival complete with unfounded claims of conspiracy and evil. ;D