TDI Test Drive(Pics)

whats with the red wires in the engine bay? and how is the manifold flipped? why would he leave the EGR stuff there it looks sooooo cluddered…

anyways… can i go for a ride :stuck_out_tongue:

wait.

ur 17?

fuck the vdub. keep the ls1 and make some bad decisions in it.

jesus. this shouldnt even be a question.

Okay let me spell this out one more time.

I do a lot of driving, I work in Chaffee NY, I live in Elma.

I go there 6 times a week. For work I also drive to Ohio, North Carolina, Syracuse and thousand islands about once a month give or take.

My Pontiac is good on gas ON THE HIGHWAY, but I don’t drive on the highway always so mostly I get about 220 mile tanks. My Pontiac is UNCOMFORTABLE, NOISY, and a COP MAGNET.

This jetta is ROCK solid reliable, the motor is just finally broken in. It needs a few things here or there but those will be fixed before the trade is done.

I will also be getting $1000 in cash along with the car IF i end up doing the trade.

The red wires in the engine bay are wires for a secondary fuel sending unit to keep up with increased thirstiness of the engine under full throttle. He left the EGR stuff in there in hopes it wouldn’t throw a code until he got around to having the EGR tuned out.

THAT BEING SAID:
I miss my firebird but I really like this car. I will own a TDI at some point.

Put a muffler and some decent shocks/struts on the fbod and keep it.

I with evolve on this in light of new information, keep the F-Bod.

Or quit being a vagina and just man up. :gotme:

car and a 1000 DO IT. and now i understand the red wires… could be cleaned up a bit.

Wierd how the intake is turned 180* (where the throttle body would be) wonder if that was part of the FMIC kit??

but i really like the car and GLS TDIs are hard to find I would do it. and if you decide to go back to stock i would swap the parts with you.

I know tdi’s are slow as shit stock but what would something with this setup run #'s wise?

It’s not going to be super fast. It will be fun around town. I’d be a little concerned about reliability. You probably should have been seeking a stock tdi, and then modded it yourself. I have a chip, nozzles, mandrel bent 2.5" catback with no mufflers, h+r cup kit, and a poly dogbone. I don’t think any more mods are necessary.

Got my car back…

Fuck VW.

But I got my car buffed and waxed for free.

explain y you dont want it now? something happen or did u have a change of heart?

are you still going to sell the firebird?

Heres my opinion:

The TDI is a cool car. 400 miles to a half a tank of diesel is sweet, and the car was relatively comfy.

However, It’s still a shitbox. It’s more of the fact that i feel like its a down grade, I miss my torque, and it’s an uglier car that makes me not down to do this trade.

I like it, just not as much as my firebird.

And yeah for the right price my bird is for sale.

sooo… do you have multiple personalities?

lol, just joking but your whole speech of power and torque just instantly took a 180

Hah, I like the decision.

Live once!

It’s a PD150 intake manifold, it makes routing plumbing for a fmic easier. No real gains with that manifold, in fact all the TDi intake manifolds suck ass. That “intank lift pump” that the guy installed is only a benefit if you are seriously pushing these things, and with the different injection pumps/nozzles out there, i don’t know how anyone could be under fueled.

I made 185whp, and something like 360ft/lbs on Innovative’s dyno back in the day. That was on a smaller vnt17 turbo, Race520 nozzles, software to support it all. I think guys with this setup (done right, this looks a little haggard) are making around 200+whp. That turbo will support it. Not bad considering these motors are 90hp @ the crank.