Teach me about snowboarding

My senior year of HS I had to stop wrestling because of a car accident so I took up snowboarding. Lasted like 3 weeks before I busted my thumb in 3 places and dislocated it slap boxing a kid lol but when I was in it I rented a nice board with Sketcher boots and step in Switch bindings. I really liked the step in bindings…just step in the board and away you go…only downside I found was they get icy sometimes and you have to scrape it off. but overall I liked em, fast and easy. But it was rather pricey, I think I spent like $500 renting it for the season. Obviously I didn’t plan on a busted hand which required an awkward thermoplastic splint, and if I fell on it I would permanently lose the use of my left thumb so I took the monetary hit (broke the thumb in 3 places, one of which was where the radial ligament attaches to the bone, actually chipped off the bone so the ligament was attached to bone, but the bone wasn’t completely attached to the bone lol. Evidently you can break a bone in a way that it is like a flap of skin that’s just barely held on by a thread :gotme:. The worst part was putting the busted bone back in the socket a few times.

Anywho yeah it was fun lol.