Snowboard Suggestions

Well im looking to get into snowboarding this year and i was wondering what kinda boards and shit people suggest.

Im 6’3 and 155 pounds

ive been told many different sizes from 158 all the way to 163 wide

but i talked to someone and they knew what they were talking about and said for my weight i should go 158ish size

so what does anyone who knows what there talking about suggest for boards,boots and bindings

im looking to get everything. and looking to spend around $500

not sure on the snowboard size, but damn dude… put on some weight lol :smiley:

edit: try a few sizes out and see what feels best for you. I, personally, prefered a wider skateboard back when I used to skate, where some of my friends were into slimmer boards. Long as its not crazy small… whatever you like the best :tup:

2x4 and some bindings

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2560

youd be a god damn retard if you didnt buy this:

http://www.ubrf.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58215&highlight=lib+tech

1. you prolly have bigger feet for that height - make sure that, wide board or not - that all your shit fits on there without any toe drag

2. get burton equipment, if you have the cash - i’ve used a LOT of other stuff over the years, and well, uh - most of it broke.

3. ask me to go with you, i have no friends :tdown: hey - if phatman across from sheridan’s open yet, grab a burton catalog from them. i think i’ll do that myself as soon as i get some pants on here. or maybe before that :naughty:

whats your boot size? finding a board was a pain in the ass for me cuz i have a 12/13 boot and only weigh 150 lbs.

dont get anything too nice for a board if you are just starting out.

thanks, i appreciate the free plug

as much as I want to sell my snowboard, mine would be too small for you. You want at least a 160. get something around 160 for your first board, then as you get comfortable with it you may want somethng a bit bigger, 164 or something

if your shoe size is 10.5 or higher you need a wide board. They make specific boards in “wides.” however if you get something like a 160+ they may be wide enough for you already.

if you have any questions feel free to pm me, I manage a snowboard shop so I can give my recommendations and tell you if something a god deal or not, etc.

:jawdrop: Damn dude!!!

:word: I thought I was a skinny guy at 6’4" and 200. . .

back on topic, thanks for the input too as I am looking into getting into boarding this season

gonna be tough with the sledding though too

werd

jeff…me and you will go to the mall and talk to billy jones @ zumiez.

hes been gone all month practically going to albany to learn about snowboards, and how to sell them to people.

Well if you want to buy new I can most definitely hook you up, and that goes along with anyone on NYSpeed.

List of some of the brands I sell.
Ride
Option
Vans
Flow
Palmer
Agency

yeah, i gotta go there tomorrow. i went to fucking phatman tonight, and some dude that looked like finch from the pie flick told me that they weren’t carrying burton anymore, ‘it’s played out, man’

played out whatever, fucking moron - yeah, endless R&D, first in the business, played out!? yeah - i buy equipment to look cool :bloated: i’m not in high school anymore.

i looked like :bloated: when my rossi bindings cracked in half off landing before the valley pipe, i don’t buy crap. fuck that pissed me off. /rant

yeah - i bought an '03 cruzer 156 from zumiez for 250 in '04, hell of a deal - closeout shit rocks, i like that place - and now’s the time to go, take beckington up on his offer.

boards should be btwn chin n nose standing up, wide or not depends on foot size, ask guy at board shop he’ll show u wat i mean

yea i cant find burton shit anywhere now… wtf is that all about

for your first board, try buyin a used one to save some money, buy a better one once you get use to riding. i went out and bought a used burton board from play it again sports about 5 years ago… and i’m still using it. you should prolly go with a 160. altho, i went with a little smaller board to start out on because its easier to turn. i think mine is a 148 and i’m 5’6"
bindings, get what you like. i prefer strap-in. i had burton custom bindings, but they sucked so i sold them and went with burton cfx… much better
boots… get whatever is goin to keep you feet warm. i have ride boots, they keep my feet nice and warm, i never have to wear warmer socks or double up on them

i think we’re goin to have to have a couple nyspeed meets at holiday valley this winter

urban in buffalo carries burton

phatman is burning bridges will all their accounts, that’s why they don’t sell certain brands anymore.

and i’ve heard so many horror stories from zumiez, both skateboards and snowboards. I wouldnt really want to support a mall shop, anyway

im 6’2 220 size 12 and ride a 162 ride serum

oh man, just went to the boardroom in ellicottville - now THAT’S a good burton retailer, they have EVERYTHING. saw a couple rossi closeout boards 156-162ish for like $250 man :slight_smile:

I have a Lib Tech Emma P 159 WIDE that I am considering selling. It has Drake F60 ltd bindings on it right now. If this is something you would be interested in, Let me know. We can work something out. Ill try to find a pic of what it looks like online cuz Its in getting tuned right now so I can take a pic of it.