Snowboard Suggestions

OT: I foresee some nyspeed riding meets in the near future…

def

i cant wait…im so pumped to go boarding for the first time

Jeff, get at me if you need a hook-up on anything new.

And yes, 158 is right for your size.

As much as I want to say 160 is the right size board for you, I cant… Realistically you’re only going to have this board for 2-3 years. It’s going to get absolutely hammered and you’ll want something different. With that said I’d go with something a little smaller, like a 158 because it’ll be easier to turn and you won’t have to muscle it around. You’ll be able to concetrate on learning the proper way to turn. As you get more fluid on a snowboard you’ll step up to either a longer board to ride faster and make longer turns on, or something similar sized, and more high end for riding maDd park. As for the toes hanging over the board, I wouldn’t worry about it being a huge problem in the beginning. You’re not going to be that far over the board where it will be a problem. Anything more than 3/4" to 1" overhang wouldn’t be good.

OT: As for the weight, I’m 5’8" 125lbs, what now? :stuck_out_tongue:

shit yeah

that kind of makes me feel like saying shit yeah.

just got back from the store and heres my new setup

http://www.boardtactics.com/s/img/prod/l/35526.jpg

GNU 11up series board

http://www.boardtactics.com/s/img/prod/l/35271.jpg

Burton freestyle boots

and

Drake F-60 bindings

Haha I just PMed you to get your email address so that I could Email you pics of my board. How much did you spend on that? I would have sold you the same bindings and close to the same board for like $300

:pwned:

plastic bindings…not a good look

dunno about those bindings…

but the rest looks pretty good man :slight_smile:

EDIT: doesn’t he make cakes too???

i paid 525 for everything brand new

joel i agree boardroom is a good shop, good guys over there

plastic bindings are straight, burton bindings are all plastic

these actually have an aluminum heelcup though I believe.

they make sense. the Drake Matrix doesn’t make sense. you don’t need to adjust the stiffness of your baseplate, that’s overkill.a nd like $100 more than regular f60s

you made a good choice, you will be happy. very good setup.

plastic bindings…not a good look
\

pretty sure all bindings are plastic mostly, keeps the weight down

^^^I’ve got those Drake F60’s, damn comfortable from just strapping in in my bedroom and flexing a bit but I haven’t been out riding with em yet.

Damn son! $225 too much!

is it a wide board? wat size boots u take? just some helpful advice : if u notice your toe/heel scraping the snow when carving you can use risers to lift the binding off the board some, you get better response too

yes its wide…and i take size 13 boots

how do you figure? this is straight stuff, not something from dicks sporting goods

i think he said that because he wanted to sell me his used LIB tech board and drake f-60 bindings for like 300

ughhh i told them to set it up regular when it totally slipped my mind that i skate goofy…lol guess ill change it when i get home

the f60’s are a good binding to start with and are fairly light. i rode them for 2 yrs and was overall happy. just be gentle on them in extreme cold as they tend to get brittle.(rachets and ladder straps) you got a decent price on that setup. and :tup: for choosing the boardroom…good guys. only about 2 months before the locals hills will be running :slight_smile: