Tech support takes alot of patience...

yes, I have. I worked at the Help Desk at UB. Retirees and ancient professors.

I tried showing my grandmother how to use a computer once. She couldn’t even wrap her head around the concept of the mouse/pointer.

oh it got better…once she opened IE she was like “now what do i do” are you serious? why do you even have a computer…just give up. … i reluctantly explained what an address is, and she says omg this is all so complicated and hung up :rofl:

then how do you not understand?

haha where do you work that you are getting people that illiterate? You gotta figure, if you went through the trouble of getting internet on your pc, that you would have a general idea of what you would want to use it for.

shoulda just given her google.com and hung up

see above

Remember my last job with customer service for a software company.

lady:I can’t log onto your system/
Me: Are you at the log on screen?
Lady: No, a Car took out the telephone pole in front
of our office and we have no power.

Government workers for you

:rofl:

My two best calls from my tech support past…

#2 Iomega Tech Support. Customer called hours before a cat 4 hurricane was going to hit trying to backup some critical data and the Iomega Ditto drive died. No expedited shipping was going to unfuck that guy’s life.
“Thank you for calling Iomega technical support. Good luck with the storm”.

#1 Sony DSS Tech Support. Customer called about no signal. Husband is up on the roof, wife is talking to me on the phone relaying directions. I hear, “Ahhhh, crash, thud” and then, “OMG, I gotta go, he just fell off the roof”.
“Thank you for calling Sony DSS technical support”.

wtf are you talking about? it’s only $30 a week for a year. if that’s not a deal, i don’t know what is. i’ve bought my last three computers from them. all you need is a checking account and a home phone!!!

localnet… dialup internet service, i think that answers your question :lol:

I envy your patience

United online, same. It was the combo NetZero/Juno/BlueLight group. If you get your internet for free, you’re old, poor, suck in general, or all of the above.

i don’t have much left, seriously!

ok, jay thanks for steeling this. lol you bastard.

and understanding the internet is very fucking hard. for the mentally challenged, for instance the same people that still dont understand what a phoneline is, phone jack on the computer and wall, what a surge protector is, and if they are talking on the same phone line that there computer uses to dial up. so when you tell someone to plug a phone line into a wall and they dont respond, then when you ask again and they say i dont no where that is, you will understand a tech support position.

Tech support = motivation to advance your career

ugh its so true :frowning:

any one at jokalnet will tell you that i am one person that cant stand this god damn job. only reason why im here is being its decent pay for the flexibility that you have with hours and shit.

truth.jpg

its forcing me back to school lol

i feel like the biggest stress in my life comes from taking peoples shit all day long on the phone, and also putting up with the retarded questions/people

Do any of you tech support people at localnet talk to the linux admin people?

is there a reason that job is always a revolving door?

from what i can tell theres really not a whole lot of room for advancement here, it gets old pretty quick