Technical forum suggestions

I had 2 ideas…

Naturally they involve work that I’m not at all interested in doing, then again, if it isn’t necessary, I don’t feel like doing it…

Anyways…

I was thinking, we’ve got a wide variety of car makes/models etc…

And assumably, we’ll have every conceivable engine layout as well… (I4, V6, V8, I5, I6, Rotary etc…)

I was thinking of a few possible sub forums in the technical talk forum. Things that would say, be specific to a 2.4L DOHC engine like mine, which is available in Cavaliers, Sunfires, Aleros, Grand Ams…

Basically my idea is to have a sub forum for either every seperate make, possibly for specific engines, who knows…

Anyways… just an idea… I know it would require a lot of planning and moderation, so it’s up to you.

so you want like 50 sub forums? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/jeeves744/smilies%20and%20pics/weaksauce.gif

And that’s the downside of it.

The upside, is when looking through posts to find a problem, I think it’d be easier if you could look for your problem within a section specifically for your car…

But then again, maybe I’m wrong.

:smash2:

there are millions of ways to diversify the forums… into sub forums based off engine, chassis, manufacturer etc, but it’ll probably spread the forums too thin. also with everything in one category, it’s easier to look at threads you might of otherwise skipped over… and possibly learn a thing or two

if you need something that specific you are better off going to a forum that is specific to your car, engine, etc. While someone on here could help, you will get quicker more accurate answers from people who deal with it all the time.

Hmm… you both make good points…

Ah well, just an idea that popped up and I figured I’d share.

:tup: ideas for improvements are always welcome i imagine

Never opposed to hearing new ideas, but I have to agree… You want that sort of graularity, you’re better off going to specific car forums than here…

yep what rubicant said, good to see ideas comin, but this one in particular would just water everything down too much