tell me about canandaigua

I turned down a transfer to Pittsburgh, and applied for a transfer to Rochester. However, there’s some competition for the job and I may set my backup for Canandaigua. I know it’s not going to be a city-like setting, but I’ve never been there.

beautiful place with absolutely crazy high taxes. I has a nice feel to it just big enough to be easy and small enough to be enjoyable.

is there any nightlife or anything?

[quote=“soopa7fly,post:3,topic:40110"”]

[/quote]

HHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

McGregor’s is your only bet there.
Still, kind of a neat little town. I lived very close to there for quite a while, and my parents still live in Bristol Center, about 10 minutes away.

its not a city. its a town.

Nightlife is watching the streetlights turn on out there.

Nice place to visit…boring place to live…esp. in your 20s

[quote=“bpipe95,post:2,topic:40110"”]

I has a nice feel to it just big enough to be easy and small enough to be enjoyable.

[/quote]

This is what I think when I think of the greater Buffalo metropolitan area.

When I think of Canandaigua I imagine a bed and breakfast and a candle store.

Canadaigua nightlife = drive to Rochester

sounds like a blast

buy a shotgun and a 4-wheeler

[quote=“eesti,post:8,topic:40110"”]

Canadaigua nightlife = drive to Rochester

[/quote]

Pretty much. There are a few bars on main street but you get sick of them quickly. Also, Ontario county has had the #1 most DWI arrests in the state for past 20 something years, it’s how they make a lot of their money, so watch out.

Every Thursday in the summer Wegmans has a little car show/cruise in their parking lot and people hang out on the pier. It’s also illegal to skate down the sidewalks…

It’s a nice area with the lake and everything in the summer. I grew up in Honeoye, which is close, and it’s one of those nice places to visit but I wouldn’t want to live there areas.

[quote=“dirtye30,post:5,topic:40110"”]

its not a city. its a town.

[/quote]

huh, yes it is. Theres the city and then the town. My ex lives there so I’ve spent a decent amount of time there over the past 2 years.

Canandaigua is great. The taxes are through the roof but it’s a great place for a family. Especially if you like watersports and such. The lake is clean as fuck and there’s plenty of activity on it during the summer.

Nightlife is nearly non-existent tho.

[quote=“soopa7fly,post:3,topic:40110"”]

[/quote]

i heard the EDM scene is slamming out there.

Canandaigua is beautiful, and Rochester is about 25-30 minutes away. There isn’t much of a night life, there are a few bars though. Nothing exciting, really. I’d love to live there, though. It’s clean and pretty, and right by a very nice lake.

(I grew up in Victor, and my horse lives in Canandaigua)

[quote=“brendansi,post:13,topic:40110"”]

i heard the EDM scene is slamming out there.

[/quote]

yeah ill be spinning parties in my apartment. i expect attendance to be around 1 or so.

They have a dirt track.

[quote=“soopa7fly,post:15,topic:40110"”]

yeah ill be spinning parties in my apartment. i expect attendance to be around 1 or so.

[/quote]

lynn and i will visit if you get some lasers.

party of 3. holler.

[quote=“redrum,post:7,topic:40110"”]

This is what I think when I think of the greater Buffalo metropolitan area.

When I think of Canandaigua I imagine a bed and breakfast and a candle store.

[/quote]

+1

if you were to work in canadaigua I would find an apt. or house half way between rochester and there. That way you can get the best of both.

[quote=“theblue,post:19,topic:40110"”]

if you were to work in canadaigua I would find an apt. or house half way between rochester and there. That way you can get the best of both.

[/quote]

Yeah, there are plenty of places to live in Victor.