tempurpedic?

anyone have one? my current mattress i have had for 5-6 years and the center is sinking, its a queen size, i weigh 135 lbs and 90% of the time i sleep against the wall.

pros?
cons?

worth the money?

i dont want to spend 2k on something and not like what i sleep on

135 pounds and you sleep near the wall and the center is sinking? The problem is your frame not the mattress.

EDIT: Well, the mattress probably sucks too. Oh and tempurpedics are a waste of money for 99% of the population. Just get a new mattress and make sure the frame has support in the middle.

^that and/or you need to turn the matress around, either rotate or rotate and flip it over, depending on the style.

that said, I have two different tempurpedic pillows and they are great. The only reason the tempurpedic material may be uncomfortable for you is if you move around a lot, as it takes time to re-form to how you are laying.

really? how long should a mattress last? i have a double box spring ( 2 side by side inside the frame ) but maybe the frame is tweaked wrong somehow

o have flipped/ rotated the mattress every 6 months or so also

Is there any support in the middle of the frame or is it just 4 posts?

Elaborate?

The wife has been asking about these, and I don’t feel they’re worth it. Details will help.

take your matress off and make sure the boxsprings are level all the way across.

A cheap matress could be shot after 5 years. If you havent turned/flipped it, the other end could be a lot better.

I’ve had a bed set last for ~10 years… though our current one is starting to show some wear after only 4. :gotme:

My godmother has had her matress / spring set for ~20 years… but shes older, and probably doesn’t abuse it as much.

You should def rotate / flip it… I’d say every 3 months couldn’t hurt a bit. Thats what I’ve always done.

I just bought a new mattress last month. The cheaper $2k+ tempurpedic was too firm for me. The pillow top one for $3600 was nicer.
I ended up getting a natural response, which is a latex and memory foam mattress. I liked it more than the two tempurpedics. It was $4k but I got it for $2k with 2 memory foam pillows from metro mattress.

Does your frame have a center support that goes from side to side like this?

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11500517/Bed_Frame.jpg

4 - one each corner. a beam runs down the center nothing from the center beam to the floor

If your bed is a queen or larger you need that center support.

looks more like this
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t4/87conquestTSi/BED.jpg

this mattress was a touch over $1000, is that considered cheap?

Sounds like your box spring is shot. Mine have been doing the same thing, I laid it on the floor and mattress is fine just needs a new boxspring.

I bought a replica tempur pedic off ebay like 2-3 years ago… I LOVE IT… and when i have sleepovers, they typically like it too… (geoff, ILC, etc etc)

its comfy and I only paid like 500 shipped for it…

i have a tempurpedic queen pillow top its niiiiiice, so nice i have trouble getting out of bed in the am.

i got it for free from my cousin, never realized how much that shit is… damn. thats more than my 2 cars cost…

i slept on a FULL tempurpedic bed (with pillows) at the marriot over the falls…

it was phenomenal. you can’t put a price on good sleep.

Sleep Number FTW! I Love mine.

sleep numbers are the worst POS ever invented. why not just buy an inflatable mattress at walmart for $30.

I have a tempurpedic style mattress that I got about 4 years ago for like $1800 shipped I want to say. I did a ton of research and made sure to get one with a pillowtop so I wouldn’t “sink” too much.

best money I ever spent.

You said it brother.

no I didn’t… but enjoy your air mattress.
I once asked to get downgraded at hotel to avoid sleep number crap.