Beds (Mattresses): Which Is Best?

I’m looking for a mattress and there are a ton of options out there. Anyone have experience with choosing one?

I remember Toda loving his Tempur-Pedic, mostly because he got it for a killer price. But are higher-price mattresses really worth it? What about Sleep Number beds?

I’m definitely not getting a water-bed so don’t suggest that, lol.

I have this one
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod43060025&ecid=NMCIGoogleBaseFeed&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=H1Z2L

I am not too sure what is good but I have a bad back and just tried a bunch and liked this one. That being said I love the bed.

I got one with a great big fluffy pillow top and even though it was comfy in City Mattress, after a night sleeping on it my back hurt because it slumped. It has plenty of support underneath, but the pillow top was too thick.

So, be careful of 5 minute comfort in the store. That pillow will bend your back weird at home.

My parents have one of those $3000 mattresses that look like a brick of orange soft foam and they love it. I also enjoy laying on it, too.

I do not like the serta pillowtop mattresses, after 4 years mine is sagging in the middle and totally worn out. I think mine came from Sams.

I bought one from Lockport Matress for over a grand, and would not do it again. My matress is totally sunk down in the middle. I would get a $400 Ikea one next time and enjoy it just as much.

X…

I’ve got one from city mattress, paid like $400. It works well, just now it’s starting to get a crease in the middle. I’ve had it a touch over a year. It’s like a medium hardness bed, not super soft but not like a rock. I have back problems and this bed helped a ton, at the suggestion of my chiropractor.

I have a pillow top. It sucks. I slept on a sleep number in a hotel and it sucked.

I just stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn and the mattress was fantastic! Best sleep I have had in a long time.

http://www.thegardensleepsystembynaturalform.com/

We plan on getting one of these.

memory foam > *

http://www.dormia.com/ is the one I have and it rocks

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Serta-11-inch-Sure-Temp-King-Memory-Foam-Mattress/4107367/product.html i have this in a queen, and love it.

There are a lot of memory foam beads out there, but do they all use the same kind of foam? I mean, how different could it really be? Tempur-Pedic claims it’s different from “regular memory foam.”

I have uhm… a Simmons Natalya I think it was.
was around 900 when I got it from City mattress I think it was… (whatever the fuck that mattress place is near Sam’s)
my dad ended up knowing the lady from high school, so i got a discount on it, rofl.

Anyway, it’s a super duper duper pillow top, that you kinda fall in to.
when I first got it in my home, it was kinda meh.
didn’t really like it as much, felt like i was sinking to the floor lol.
but after about a month, it was pretty rad.
now I just… love it.
Almost too much actually, once I get in i never want to get out.
ill just go lay in it randomly because it’s so comfortable.
had it for… hum… 2 years now i think.

It’s also always warm too.
Versus my old $49 twin mattress that was hard as a rock, and always cold as ice until you laid in it for an hour… then as soon as you moved you hit a cold spot and froze again.

i actually love that cold part of the bed…

I have a Restonic Latex Memory Foam & Isolated Coil Mattress. Ran me ~2K for a King Mattress, Split Box, Frame, and a top-end mattress pad with a 15 year soak-thru warranty. (City Mattress Bed)

It’s a 4" or 6" Memory foam with a pocketed/isolated spring mattress (All assembled together). It’s a lot thicker than normal, but for a King, most sheets have deep pockets.

I love my bed; I sleep like a rock and don’t have back aches or leg/hip problems like I used to. Any anyone I’ve had over who’s crashed in it… LOVES it.

In the 2 years I’ve had it I don’t have any foam memory or saggyness like I’ve seen in other foam topped or foam mattresses.

I also suggest investing in a good mattress pad with the soak-thru warranty. Most mattress have a long warranty period, but if you stain the mattress at all they void the warranty. The Pad I’ve got was about $100, but it as well as the mattress have 15 year warranties. And if something soaks thru the mattress pad, they will replace the mattress.

Dormia has all different types. I think the tempur-pedic I’ve laid on was a bit softer than my dormia mattress. I do know that when I was at Dormia, they had several different types though. Some are just the stiffer base. While others had the stiff base then a softer layer over that. I think I have one of the stiffer ones (that’s what she said).

I’ve been rocking the dormia for 2 years and it is still like new…Probably only paid like 600 or 700 for it. Tempur-pedic you’re looking at a ton more.

I will be buying Latex when I buy my next mattress. Probably from http://www.savvyrest.com/.

Free of formaldehyde! I don’t really like the thought of something off-gassing that you sleep on for 8+ hours per day.

I ended up spending a bunch of money on a one, then spent like $600 on an average one for my guest room.

I ended up moving the cheaper one into my room because it seems to be more comfy.

I don’t really think price gets you too much in a mattress, idk though I can sleep fine on the floor.

pillow top is a must

I got a Sealy Posturepedic from the Bon-Ton home store in McKinley Mall.

Got King Size, box springs, frame, pad, and 20 year guarantee for $1600 shipped to my door.

Best bed I have ever slept in.

I tried a memory foam mattress. I CANNOT sleep on them. I need a spring mattress.

2 years and no sagging, so far.

Just bought a Sertapedic from metro mattress for $350 for mattress and boxspring. Its a queen size too. It was priced at like $604 and I had to bargain with the guy a little. lol Oh it was delivered and they took the old one too.

As far as quality and being comfortable, it is both. I cannot however comment on how long it will last as I have only had for a bout a month and a half now.

Good luck though Josh, I would recommend checking out metro mattress, they have some decent deals as long as your willing to beat your salesman with a stick. haha

Sleep number fucking sucks. Its an air mattress in a box, well, I suppose it is two air mattresses in two boxes. Fucking lame.

I don’t care for tempurpedic but if you think you might, you should stay at a hotel with one to give it a spin.

I prefer traditional style. Cost should buy longevity (to a point).

Look for something that doesn’t need to be flipped every 3 months because lord knows, you won’t do it.