Beds (Mattresses): Which Is Best?

I actually like sleep number once I got it dialed in. Takes some getting used to but I really like having a firmer side and softer side and ending up wherever I feel comfortable that night. Of course I didn’t pay for it or I may not be as optimistic.

memory foam with a pillowtop… I find it’s the perfect compromise.

sleep numbers suck, why not just buy an inflatable mattress and sleep on that.

It doesn’t feel like an air mattress, it feels like a normal bed. Especially if you get the more expensive model. And there’s something to be said for stiffness on demand :gay:

i’ve stayed at a couple hotels with them… felt like a normal mattress with an air bladder.

http://blog.internetnews.com/apatrizio/do-not-want-dog.jpg

My parents used to have a select comfort, which is basically what sleep number USED to be. Same deal, inflatable mattress. They hated that thing.

My mom had a Sleepnumber… she moved it to her guest bedroom and got a normal mattress. I slept on it a few nights when I visited her (She wanted me to have the nice bed cuz I drove 12 hours to see her so she slept in the guest room)… and I wasn’t impressed.

She switched it out because she was having more issues with her back with the Sleep Number than her prior 15 year old conventional bed.

Damn… there are way too many choices, lol.

I like mine

I have a king size pillow top, the pillow top wasnt super thick but its nice, tho it has sagged a bit, and been rotated already. Cant really slip a pillow top matress, so I’d assume thier life is about half of a normal matress.

How long is a bed supposed to last anyways? 5 years?
If so id say im getting okay mileage, for the mileage on the bed haha.

I have heard good things about Cloud 9 mattresses. Have you actually gone to store and laid on any of them?

I have a pillowtop and after 2 years it was sagging real bad, I said Fuck it and flipped it anyways and boy am I glad I did. No more sagging, the mattress is stiff again and my back no longer hurts for no reason. Totally defeats the purpose of buying a pillowtop but beats buying a whole new mattress right now.

I think the key to getting a pillowtop to last is to buy one that is real firm so you don’t get as much sagging when it breaks in.

I have the Sealy memory foam mattress. I like it, It takes some getting used to, but I think I roll around less. It does seem to get hot in the summer time though. our old one was a pillow top, and that thing sucked. The pillow top went flat and hung off one side, and the sheets never stayed on.

5 years?!?!?

I had my last pillow-soft for 17 years before I replaced bought a new one; and it was still comfortable; just sagged in the middle (Resolved that with a foam-pad down the center between the mattress and box spring.

The one I have now has a 15 year no questions asked warranty.

I have a Stearns and Foster pillow top from Raymour. It was pricey but well worth the quality sleep I get on it.

I’d have to check mine, but one of the best purchases I made.

Absolutely go pillow top, and king size.

if your real baller get a cali king. thats what im getting when i buy a house. the gf’s parents have one and HOLY SHIT so big

You know, I prefer standard kings as they are wider, cali kings are just longer and since I’m not over 6 ft I like the wider.

Remember it’s all about girth :wink: haha.

Remember to flip your mattress regularly! It really does help.

I used to flip mine (flip over and rotate) every 1-2 months and it’s still in great shape with minimal to no sagging and it’s 8 years old. My husband’s mattress however is riddled with sink holes that I get trapped in without fail every night…and yet he insists we use it.

Duxiana
AngelBeds
Euro-Flex

I think depending on how much you want to spend… I would go with one of these three… I think the DUX bed is the best, but it’s $$$$$$

I asked my chiropractor for a recommendation, said what works for one, won’t work for someone else. U need to find what works for u.

^^ Yeah I hear ya.

I don’t have any problems sleeping now, or any back pain. The mattress I’m on now is quite stiff so it probably won’t be beneficial to switch to something softer. Either way I’m going to test a few different ones out.